SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
    i cant wait for the A330s to leave the fleet. by far i hate those the most.
    No worries. SQ is aggressively replacing the A330s and 772/Es with new A350s and 787s.

Comment

• 9V-SYF is operating SQ241/242. This pair gets a daily 77W usually.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        Thanks yeah which forum is that?
        SQ hotline told me it isn’t a mistake so I’ll just enjoy it. Weird though. They can’t just be giving free gold status?
        I was a KFEG for 5 consecutive years until 2018, so maybe it’s just a belated reward “we miss you!”
        Hahaha.
        I'm in the same situation- 5 years up until end of March just gone. I had 44k by the end of my year but I was just sliced off

Comment

• Found that my booking of SQ868 on early October changed to 777-200ER

Comment

• Departure of 772 regionals is progressing. SRP is now long out of the fleet and SRQ hasn't flown for 4 weeks and is due to NokScoot.

The other 5 are still in the air although SRO has been out of action for a couple of days. SRO & SQL are now the two to watch as they have the old Y seats and IFE. All 5 of the SV-series are still flying. If SRO were to depart, the number of 772s will finally reduce to a single digit figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Departure of 772 regionals is progressing. SRP is now long out of the fleet and SRQ hasn't flown for 4 weeks and is due to NokScoot.

The other 5 are still in the air although SRO has been out of action for a couple of days. SRO & SQL are now the two to watch as they have the old Y seats and IFE. All 5 of the SV-series are still flying. If SRO were to depart, the number of 772s will finally reduce to a single digit figure.
              The June 2019 edition of SilverKris magazine did state that only 10 777-200s (incl. ER) remain in the fleet, meaning that SRQ is officially out.

Comment

• thats a sudden and quick exit for the 772s... i thought the regional ones would stay a little longer to fill in the gaps, really. especially since they refurbed SRM, SQM, SQN & SQK recently.

previously there were
                30+ x A333s
                8 x 772 regionals
                the equivalent of 3 x 772ERs doing regional flights

means 40+ odd regional aircraft.

however, we now only have 8 x active 787-10s & 8 x regional A350s + 18 x A333s + 4 x 772 regionals + the equivalent of 4 x 772ERs.
                around the equivalent of 44 regional aircraft now.

with added flights & routes surely i thought they'd need 'growth' in their regional fleet?

but to remove the remaining 8x 772s entirely, means 8 or more regional aircraft joining the fleet this year.

sorry, haha just doing some calculations.

Comment

• SQ* and SR* series routes are now limited to BWN, SGN, MEL, WLG, HKG and BKK, with BWN and SGN lasting only until 30 June.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    thats a sudden and quick exit for the 772s... i thought the regional ones would stay a little longer to fill in the gaps, really. especially since they refurbed SRM, SQM, SQN & SQK recently.

previously there were
                    30+ x A333s
                    8 x 772 regionals
                    the equivalent of 3 x 772ERs doing regional flights

means 40+ odd regional aircraft.

however, we now only have 8 x active 787-10s & 8 x regional A350s + 18 x A333s + 4 x 772 regionals + the equivalent of 4 x 772ERs.
                    around the equivalent of 44 regional aircraft now.

with added flights & routes surely i thought they'd need 'growth' in their regional fleet?

but to remove the remaining 8x 772s entirely, means 8 or more regional aircraft joining the fleet this year.

sorry, haha just doing some calculations.
                    Think there are only 26 A330 in Mid 2017.
                    Further they does not seem to add much routes regionally these two years. But instead use 787-10 which carry more paxes.

Comment

• There should be 18 A330s now and 10 will leave the fleet from now till next year Mar 2020.

Comment

• My bad, sorry guys.

So the tally is
                        22x regional aircraft joining fleet this year (16x A359 + 6x B78J)

And 21x old regional aircraft leaving fleet

It does balance off.
                        “New flights” I was referring to additions like... SQ267/8..SQ504...SQ620...etc.. all of which utilise the regional fleet. Seems they’d need a net growth in regional aircraft.

Comment

• Better planning of the fleet to reduce craft downtime could help. Longhauls could also take over other regional frequencies.

There's also the option of transferring some underperforming frequencies to Scoot or axing them altogether.
                          an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            There should be 18 A330s now and 10 will leave the fleet from now till next year Mar 2020.
                            I think it's 16 now -- 9V-STV stopped flying 31 May. It's the June lease return.
                            And 9V-STU's extended lease should expire in July.
                            Last edited by Bitterroot; 9 June 2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• With the B787 engine and B737MAX issues, they will likely slow down the return of the A330s

Comment

• Originally posted by nocturne View Post
                                With the B787 engine and B737MAX issues, they will likely slow down the return of the A330s
                                SIA would have taken into account the 787s and 737Max issues, but would be reducing its A330s as planned. This is because of the deliveries of new aircrafts as within the year from now, there will be 12 A350s deliveries which meant one delivery every month and another 3 787s will join the fleet too. Hence even if currently 2 of its 787s are grounded due to the RR engines issues, the planned reduction of its older aircrafts would continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X