Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling short of PPS qualification but massively exceeding KF Gold qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling short of PPS qualification but massively exceeding KF Gold qualification

I;ve got 120K KF elite miles in the first 6 months already mostly on economy but with some business class (my PPS value = 15K) and most likely won't fly any more business class in the remaining 6 months to reach the 25K required for PPS.

I will most likely do another 100K KF elite miles in the next 6 months in economy.

Basically, I will be stuck on Krisflyer EG and can never get to PPS. I would estimate that my spend flying economy with SQ will most likely be at least SGD 50K+ across the 12 month period... So reflecting on this fact, should I be annoyed that I don't get any recognition as compared with someone else that might have only scrapped in to qualify for EG...?

Based on the above facts what will you do with regards to status etc...

FYI - I fly SQ 90% of the time and am based in Singapore at the moment.

Rather than be annoyed with Krisflyer, I would start exploring other FFPs.

For example, if you can fly 40k miles in a short period of time, you can gain OZ Diamond (Star Gold) which is valid for almost 4 years. You will then receive the same recognition as Krisflyer Elite Gold, without flying 50k every year and you will not have to worry about maintaining any Star Gold status during that time.

Other airlines like BMI (though who knows what will happen in the future after the LH takeover) have a much more generous reward ticket chart than SQ. US Airways has the big benefit that they do not charge the Fuel Surcharge on reward tickets, which makes the taxes on a long-haul reward ticket only a fraction of other airlines that charge the YQ.

And so on.

If you fly that much, there are a lot of different possibilities with other airlines. Make the most of it

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk alfred

Adding on to stargold's advise. One question you'll need to ask yourself is is status or redeemable miles more important. Given your flying, *G is easily attainable.
      If you're looking at redeemable miles, then the next question is where do you want to redeem to, which class and which airlines do you want to fly. Do share with us so that we can advise you better.

Comment

Originally posted by alfred View Post
        I;ve got 120K KF elite miles in the first 6 months already mostly on economy but with some business class (my PPS value = 15K) and most likely won't fly any more business class in the remaining 6 months to reach the 25K required for PPS.

I will most likely do another 100K KF elite miles in the next 6 months in economy.

Basically, I will be stuck on Krisflyer EG and can never get to PPS. I would estimate that my spend flying economy with SQ will most likely be at least SGD 50K+ across the 12 month period... So reflecting on this fact, should I be annoyed that I don't get any recognition as compared with someone else that might have only scrapped in to qualify for EG...?

Based on the above facts what will you do with regards to status etc...

FYI - I fly SQ 90% of the time and am based in Singapore at the moment.

Alfred, what exactly is the difference between PPS and KF Gold? It's marginal and almost non-existing. If you can show SQ that you are spending 50K a year, then it might be worth to contact their Sales Team and negotiate PPS - I am sure they wanna keep you happy. Do you have a corporate agreement?

Comment

Working...
        X