Confirmed : SIN-MAN-IAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I did manage to do all four 'new' routes in the first month and the new departure time from SIN is taking a bit of getting used to. Not used to seeing Changi so quiet!!.
    Come on! At least you get your bartender every time…unlike us Americans who have retarded departure times.
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Just thought, the A350 doesn't have the J mini cabin! I used to always book this this on SQ328 so I could get some sleep.

Comment

• Local report on the introduction of the A350 to the SQ51/52 route.

The video may not work if you are trying to acess outside of the UK, but there are positive words from representatives of SQ and MAN (as you would expect) and a piece referencing the fact that the wings are made a few miles from MAN near Chester.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/upda...in-manchester/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
          Local report on the introduction of the A350 to the SQ51/52 route.

The video may not work if you are trying to acess outside of the UK, but there are positive words from representatives of SQ and MAN (as you would expect) and a piece referencing the fact that the wings are made a few miles from MAN near Chester.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/upda...in-manchester/
          Viewing from the US, it works. First guy they interviewed seems to think this is SQ's first A350 route to Europe. The reporter also said that with the A350, SQ can now fly non-stop to Singapore, and Houston, suggesting that SQ did not have aircraft capable of flying non-stop previously...

Inaccuracies aside, this is excellent publicity for Singapore Airlines in Manchester, with the ME3 and CX ramping up services. Great that SQ beat CX to being the first to fly the A350 to MAN.

SQ also posted a fun video on their facebook page, though it's not very well executed in my opinion.

Comment

• I agree. Taking a slightly different example, EK's use of the A380 has significantly increased their passenger flows (as you would expect due to the capacity increase) because people want to fly on the "newest" or "largest" aircraft.

Hope it makes an impact.

Comment

• If I am flying IAH-MAN-SIN, do I have to re-clear security at MAN? I like flying JFK-FRA-SIN for the reason that I never have to re-clear security at FRA when flying to SIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                If I am flying IAH-MAN-SIN, do I have to re-clear security at MAN? I like flying JFK-FRA-SIN for the reason that I never have to re-clear security at FRA when flying to SIN.
                At MAN, you will have to go through a Transit Passenger security screening. When you deplane, you go down a hallway where traffic splits. The exiting passengers go right to Immigration, and the transit passengers go left into a small queue for a Transit Passenger Security screening.

It is very thorough with all liquids, computers, etc. removed as you would do at a US security checkpoint. If I remember correctly, there are two bag X-ray machines, one full body scanner, and one normal metal detector.

Once through transit security, you return back to the main terminal level where there are shops and restaurants with the gates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                  If I am flying IAH-MAN-SIN, do I have to re-clear security at MAN? I like flying JFK-FRA-SIN for the reason that I never have to re-clear security at FRA when flying to SIN.
                  Kjrailfan has described it well. You should be on gate 204 or 206 so its a five minute walk (if your luck is in all the travelators might be working...) and there is now a sign for SQ (and PK) transit pax showing you where to go.

Once upstairs I am afraid the current lounge is crap, but they do give SQ status and JCL pax the option of going to Caffe Nero and buying what they want. Yes, literally!. With a bit of luck they may move back to the now pretty decent Escape Lounge in the not too distant future.

Comment

• To reiterate what I said on the thread about disappearance of F to Europe, I understand this route will revert to B77W.

EDIT: I gather there is a jumping of the gun and it remains A359 for now.
                    Last edited by Dobbo; 13 March 2017, 07:57 PM. Reason: Updated info.

Comment

To reiterate what I said on the thread about disappearance of F to Europe, I understand this route will revert to B77W.

EDIT: I gather there is a jumping of the gun and it remains A359 for now.
                      What made you think it would switch please?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        What made you think it would switch please?
                        Hi FN-GM

Probably not what you want to hear, but rumblings at the MAN end.
                        Seems a question of when not if at present. One of the software systems seems to have jumped the gun on this and listed B77W in error.

I don't yet know if anythig further can be added to this - will share if possible.

Comment

Hi FN-GM

Probably not what you want to hear, but rumblings at the MAN end.
                          Seems a question of when not if at present. One of the software systems seems to have jumped the gun on this and listed B77W in error.

I don't yet know if anythig further can be added to this - will share if possible.
                          I would prefer a 77W with new seats

Comment

• Small update on this route.

The SIN-MAN sector performs well with anecdotally high prices and statistically high numbers of passengers on the sector. This is good to see but as MAN Flyer would probably endorse, not surprising. The average load MAN-SINvv was 165 but I have heard this has been as high as 200.

The MAN-IAH sector got off to a harder start but is now picking up. Based on the CAA stats, the average load on the MAN-IAH sectors was 89. December was 71 and January 77, so we're heading in the right direction. I don't know if this received a "Super Bowl bump" but time will tell. It looks like this is winning business from VS/DL on their MAN-ATL flight so there might be the market for daily in the near future.

SQ should be reasonably pleased with progress.

Comment

• That would translate to

64% loadfactor om the SIN-MAN vs.
                              35% on MAN-IAH

Would suggest to me that increase in frequency is not likely to happen soon. Rather an axe for the add-on might be soon in discussion.

Comment

• This excludes SIN-IAH traffic (unsure from your post if you'd picked that up and I didn't explain). You can probably assume SIN-IAH traffic in the 30-35% LF range (otherwise why bother with IAH at all) which takes MAN-SIN up to the mid/high 90% and MAN-IAH to 65-70% which I inderstand is about where it's been.

I agree it shows a big disparity between the two sectors, the question is can MAN-SIN traffic sustain a daily tag to IAH or can MAN-SIN capacity be added is some other way?

Comment

Working...
                                X