SQ bird on fire at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    I was just joking around. On a more serious note, SIA Engineering and Boeing have a partnership and Boeing technicians probably oversaw the repairs and certified it. SQ isn't an airline that's known for cutting corners or taking risks, so if SWB wasn't safe, even to the smallest degree, it wouldn't be back in revenue service.
    Awesome! Thank you for responding!

Comment

• An update to the AV Herald
      http://avherald.com/h?article=49a58209&opt=0

It was down to an engine fuel leak into engine oil system.

Comment

• Scary reading... so were they confident of FOB before commencing dumping? If you needed face cloths to breath in the cabin would you press on back to SIN? Would you wait 90 seconds for an answer from AFR with the wing on fire?

Comment

• Scary indeed. While the radio exchanges between the PIC and the Fire Commander were in timed in seconds, and one can sense the urgency in the tone just reading the transcript, I can't imagine what's going through the minds of pax on the plane - and perhaps even the cabin crew - waiting for info and instructions from the flight deck. Thanks for alerting mr Botak

Comment

• It is disconcerting to know that the crew had no idea of the big fire engulfing one of their engine and wing and were only relying on the fire chief's advice. It's even more shocking that they didn't use any of the options available to view the fire. The reply from the crew that they weren't in the taxi phase and thus, didn't switch on the camera is simply shocking. If not for sheer luck, this could have ended up being an episode of Air Crash Investigation.

Comment

• What would have happened if the cabin crew decided to evacuate on the side not on fire without the green light from the flight deck? The way this has been handled I bet it crossed the cabin crews mind.

Comment

• The engine may still have been running if the evacuation checklist isn't done yet.

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                What would have happened if the cabin crew decided to evacuate on the side not on fire without the green light from the flight deck? The way this has been handled I bet it crossed the cabin crews mind.

Comment

Working...
                X