New SIN-CBR-WLG Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
    SQ has to be thinking about the government loads, but: I wonder if either of the AU or NZ governments have must-fly-local-carrier rules similar to those that the US has. There must not be one in place if they think this route will be profitable.
    I know Australia don't. I have seen people many times on SQ with Australian government passports. I sat next to one chap in J in July and he said they have no preference. Besides, the QF international network is poor!

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      I know Australia don't. I have seen people many times on SQ with Australian government passports. I sat next to one chap in J in July and he said they have no preference. Besides, the QF international network is poor!
      Excellent piece of information! Well, one government has no requirement and the other one has a national carrier who signed an agreement recently to codeshare more closely between SIN and NZ.

I wonder if there is any connection between this pending announcement to operate a flight from SIN-WLG and the recent mysterious GDS change that proposed to withdraw F bookings to/from AKL for selected days of the week?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        ...recent mysterious GDS change that proposed to withdraw F bookings to/from AKL for selected days of the week?
        I could be totally out of whack with this comment here, but I thought that the withdrawal of F class bookings to/from AKL has got to do with SQ's proposed plan on deploying the A350-941s to/from AKL on selected days from end March/early April, when the A380 ops supposedly gets downgauged to B77W..?

In any case, I sure will be looking forward to the announcement, if any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
          I could be totally out of whack with this comment here, but I thought that the withdrawal of F class bookings to/from AKL has got to do with SQ's proposed plan on deploying the A350-941s to/from AKL on selected days from end March/early April, when the A380 ops supposedly gets downgauged to B77W..?

In any case, I sure will be looking forward to the announcement, if any at all.
          What we know is what was posted on Airline Routes in late November:

Singapore Airlines recently updated its planned inventory for Northern summer 2016 season, which sees the closure of First Class reservation (F / A Class) on a number of flights operated by Boeing 777-300ER.

As of 23NOV15, routes served by 777-300ER, with First Class reservation no longer offered, as follow.

eff 27MAR16 Singapore – Amsterdam
          eff 31MAR16 Singapore – Auckland Selected days
          eff 04SEP16 Singapore – Milan Malpensa – Barcelona Day 7 service (Day 27 from 13SEP16)
          eff 03OCT16 Singapore – Barcelona – Sao Paulo Day 14 service
          "Selected days" might mean just some random use of the A350 if they have three available before DUS services have commenced. It might actually be quite temporary. Unlike the other destinations, it does not specify any regular day of the week.

The assumption must also be made that it is in fact due to A350 deployment- there has never been a specific announcement that SQ intends to fly the A350 to AKL that I am aware of. It does suggest that it may be for A350 deployment however, as the only other craft without F with the range required for AKL would be the 772ER series, which in turn does not have PEY.

It is rather curious though, how a flight that is currently being served by an A380 with 12 Suites can then change to a craft with no F. Are they mostly filling the suites in the A380 with redemptions perhaps?

Comment

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7605...ce-from-august

announcement due on Wednesday apparently, with flights beginning in August with 4x weekly A333

Comment

An ABC journo (@JulianBAbbott) had tweeted that the presser is scheduled for 11am AEST tomorrow. Also mentions August for commencement of service.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 19 January 2016, 07:36 PM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7605...ce-from-august

We shall see in 7hrs plus time if it is indeed to start in August! I doubt it, given they would just be launching DUS in late July.

Comment

Hi everyone the following schedule is as follows: (don't ask how I got them! )

It looks like it will be a red eye exSIN, arriving in the morning mirroring many of the other Australian services, the 77E will be flying the route, instead of the much speculated A333's.

Flights are due to begin from 20SEP.

SQ291 SIN 23:00 - 08:35+1 CBR 09:50 - 15:05 WLG 77E x135
                  SQ292 WLG 20:15 - 22:05 CBR 23:30 - 05:50+1 SIN 77E x246

Comment

Great to hear that SIA has officially announced SIN-CBR-WLG. Would ve lovely to see a Boeing 777 @ WLG (and probably CBR too) on a scheduled basis.

I was wondering which variant of their B777-212ERs would they operate - would it be the SV* series or the ones with Regional J config. Looking at this NZ Herald article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...&ref=nzhbiz_tw), it seemed that it will be a Regional J refitted birds (i.e. SQ and SR series)...

Still, having a new airline @ WLG is exciting.

Comment

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...nberra-airport

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        What we know is what was posted on Airline Routes in late November:

"Selected days" might mean just some random use of the A350 if they have three available before DUS services have commenced. It might actually be quite temporary. Unlike the other destinations, it does not specify any regular day of the week.

The assumption must also be made that it is in fact due to A350 deployment- there has never been a specific announcement that SQ intends to fly the A350 to AKL that I am aware of. It does suggest that it may be for A350 deployment however, as the only other craft without F with the range required for AKL would be the 772ER series, which in turn does not have PEY.

It is rather curious though, how a flight that is currently being served by an A380 with 12 Suites can then change to a craft with no F. Are they mostly filling the suites in the A380 with redemptions perhaps?
                        Hey SQ228 - you're quite right in your assessment on what "selected days" could mean. When I first read it I assumed it is selected days per week, each week (as in regular, scheduled), but given your analysis it could mean a one-time random "selected days". I guess only time will tell.
                        Last edited by wlgspotter; 20 January 2016, 09:10 AM. Reason: Editorial-Grammar update

Comment

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                          Hi everyone the following schedule is as follows: (don't ask how I got them! )

It looks like it will be a red eye exSIN, arriving in the morning mirroring many of the other Australian services, the 77E will be flying the route, instead of the much speculated A333's.

Flights are due to begin from 20SEP.

SQ291 SIN 23:00 - 08:35+1 CBR 09:50 - 15:05 WLG 77E x135
                          SQ292 WLG 20:15 - 22:05 CBR 23:30 - 05:50+1 SIN 77E x246
                          I am confident that SQ292 will attract SYD customers to catch since this will provide red eye access from near Sydney to Singapore for early morning arrival.

VA 672 departs Sydney at 20:35 and will arrive Canberra at 21:35, which arrives just under 2 hours before departure. This can suit SYD passengers really well in terms of flight connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            I am confident that SQ292 will attract SYD customers to catch since this will provide red eye access from near Sydney to Singapore for early morning arrival.

VA 672 departs Sydney at 20:35 and will arrive Canberra at 21:35, which arrives just under 2 hours before departure. This can suit SYD passengers really well in terms of flight connection.
                            interesting to see a reverse flow, ie CBR becoming a transit for SYD rather than the other way

I may be looking at the inaugural, just to catch up with old friends in CBR

Comment

Official press release is here:

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...316-160120.jsp

Confirms that it'll be the retrofitted regional 772s (SQ*, SR*) that'll operate this flight.

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                                Official press release is here:

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...316-160120.jsp

Confirms that it'll be the retrofitted regional 772s (SQ*, SR*) that'll operate this flight.
                                I am concerned this will hurt the profitability of the route since B772s are not fuel efficient.

Moreover, aren't regional B772s are fitted with derated engines?

How come they have such a range to fly to Canberra from Singapore?

Comment

Working...
                                X