Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBS Altitude Visa Card - no more 1.6miles per $1 spent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
    Income tax can only use Diners Club and DBS cards to pay at AXS machines. No points awarded.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=4472
    Just to make sure we're not going around in circles... there are no points/miles on income tax payments, I thought?

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      That was true in a world before miles. Grabbing 1 Krisflyer mile for less than 1 SGD-Cent just makes so much more sense than paying 30 days later for free...
      Yes, but there are no more miles (points) awarded when paying income tax with a DBS Card via AXS. You can pay, but no points so in that case the Giro and interest free loan makes sense.

This does not look at other options like ANZ Travel Visa (does that still work?) which may allow you to pay tax via that facility at a certain cost per mile - which then some may find good value and others may not.

BTW - with the measly vacation allowance most get here in SIN how can you go on all those (F) trips? Maybe I need to consider a different industry / employer (I still get watery eyes when thinking of the 30 days leave I had back in Germany, but then I was crying a river when I had to pay German income tax)
      Last edited by demue; 11 June 2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        In that case I rather have the Giro arrangement from IRAS. Pay 10 monthly installments at 0% interest. Better from a cash flow perspective if that is what you are concerned about.

Paying for tax with credit card and not getting points? Whats the point in that DBS (pun intended )?
        I believe most ple pay by giro nowadays to ensure better cashflow.

Comment

What's PLE?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            What's PLE?
            I think it shd have been pple (people)

Comment

ple=pple=people
              sorry for the typo there

Comment

Another example of why you should not be using silly text speak on here please.

Comment

Just seen DBS are now imposing a S$25 charge for transferring points to KF miles. This must have been quite recently implemented. Quite upset with this change, is this card still a good business case for miles?

Thanks

Comment

First time transferring 100k plus miles to kf. Took 2days

Comment

Working...
                    X