X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas announces PER-LHR nonstop!

Just announced!

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/int...r-2018/1638856

And the official Qantas announcement here...

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...rth-to-london/

I bet that will be pushing the aircraft ability to the max!

Comment

one major leap for the flying kangaroo

Comment

Can't wait, I'll try to get on the inaugural flight. If this works out profitably it will be a huge game changer, it will give Qantas a advantage over competitors ex PER on the Kangaroo route.

Comment

My PER based friend has this to say.
          Only starts March 2018
          Qantas unreasonably wants the State Government
          to build them an international terminal next to domestic one
          EK cheaper
          Prefers one stop in DBX
          A380
          Free limo
          Optional stopover in DBX with free meals & hotel

Comment

It only makes sense for London to Perth.

ANY other destination in OZ doesn't make sense given you'd have anyway one transit somewhere, whether it be Perth, Dubai or Singapore for example. There won't be enough traffic to justify Perth/London if most other OZ passengers in Y would prefer two shorter sectors instead of one really short one and a reeeeeeeeeeeeealy long one.

Comment

I can't see it being attractive to ADL/SYD/MEL/BNE flyers, it's just another one stop option for them. I don't think they would have to many issues filling 236 seats with O&D traffic, Perth has a very large UK expat population which I think can support the route.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                My PER based friend has this to say.
                Only starts March 2018
                Qantas unreasonably wants the State Government
                to build them an international terminal next to domestic one
                EK cheaper
                Prefers one stop in DBX
                A380
                Free limo
                Optional stopover in DBX with free meals & hotel
                Not sure how your friend can say EK is cheaper when QF have not yet announced pricing. QF also has a chauffeur service on long haul flights for J & F passengers. The WA government has agreed to chip in AUD$14m to help pay for international customs & immigration facilities in the currently domestic T3 terminal, QF PER-SIN & PER-ALK flights will also move to T3 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                  I can't see it being attractive to ADL/SYD/MEL/BNE flyers, it's just another one stop option for them. I don't think they would have to many issues filling 236 seats with O&D traffic, Perth has a very large UK expat population which I think can support the route.
                  Agreed on both counts. When you factor the 4 hours to fly from SYD to PER, plus the 17 hours from there to LHR, it really isn't much less flying time than going via SIN (excluding transit duration).

QF most likely won't have issues filling the plane, but I am not sure if the frequency would be daily.

Comment

It will be a daily service, talk is that this flight is going to be part of a re-routed QF9/10. So MEL-PER-LHR will replace the current MEL-DXB-LHR flight on the A380, QF9/10 does struggle with loads and does have cancellations quite often.

Comment

Working...
                    X