Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ to operate for TZ on SIN-SYD

From NinerVictor site:

FlyScoot passengers travelling between Singapore and Sydney from 01 February to 13 February might be in for a treat as flights TZ2 from SIN-SYD and TZ1 from SYD-SIN on those dates will be operated by a Singapore Airlines B777-200ER in the 30J 255Y configuration (likely to be 9V-SVF).

The flights will operate as SQ8232 SIN-SYD and SQ8231 SYD-SIN.
    Scootbiz pax will be overjoyed I'm sure

Did a 787 from Scoot went for maintenance?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      From NinerVictor site:

Scootbiz pax will be overjoyed I'm sure
      Yes, I'd imagine it must be SVF. The only other plane with that exact J/Y config is an A330. SVF is being kept busy mainly with MNL flights lately.

I've been keeping a watch on SVB as well recently- not been in the skies for quite some time. It sure has been a long time since we've seen a departure from the fleet, yet the A350s just keep arriving.

Unless... could this be the reason they brought SVA back from its desert holiday?

Comment

Would the SQ IFE be turned on for the flight? I suppose not but if it is, then it's a treat for the pax for sure

Comment

How about the crew? Would the cabin crew be from SQ but offering budget service? Don't think there are any more B777-rated Scoot cabin crew now.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            How about the crew? Would the cabin crew be from SQ but offering budget service? Don't think there are any more B777-rated Scoot cabin crew now.
            Very interesting point.

In terms of IFE, do Scoot 787s not have any? Or is pay per view?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              In terms of IFE, do Scoot 787s not have any? Or is pay per view?
              You pay a fixed fee for an entire flight if I'm not mistaken, and it is over wifi to a personal device.

Comment

Yup the crew will be from SQ.

Comment

The plane involved is indeed SVF.

It is flying to SYD each day as SQ8232 and returning to SIN as SQ8231. Rather curious since even numbers on Australian flights always fly in the direction to SIN, not from SIN.

I'd be guessing that the passengers may well be enjoying free IFE as they would be unable to broadcast anything to a device over wifi, unable to block selected seats and couldn't possibly think of charging for that glorious picture quality...

Comment

Wonder if all the passengers get free food and drinks, or will the SQ crew conduct BOB service?
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I wonder how they'll be offering the spacebeds? Scoot biz?

Comment

Wonder if all the passengers get free food and drinks, or will the SQ crew conduct BOB service?
                        Off course they know its a budget charter flight, therefore the cabin crew provided almost no service. They were disinterested. I read a complaint online.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                          Off course they know its a budget charter flight, therefore the cabin crew provided almost no service. They were disinterested. I read a complaint online.
                          If true, this will dilute the SQ brand name, even though it's a chartered flight. SQ must main certain standards.

Comment

Maybe this will answer all queries

Comment

Really, would it have killed them to switch on the ancient Krisworld with it's limited selection and dark, fuzzy screens???

Comment

Working...
                              X