• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmyneurone, what route was this on?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
      jimmyneurone, what route was this on?
      Hi SQGamespeed, the route was SIN-FUK SQ656.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        BTC selection: Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef, by Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata, on SQ16 SIN-ICN earlier last week.

One of the best steaks I have ever had inflight.

Tender, flavourful and still moist inside (Almost medium rare, the way I like it).

I agree with yflyer. I had the Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef last week too and it was the best steak I've had inflight. Not overcooked, tasty and fairly tender for the most part.

Comment

• April SIN-SFO & SFO-SIN in J

SIN-SFO

Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef (Japanese-style beef, vegetables simmered in mirin, and shimeiji mushroom rice. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata)

- Best steak I've had in-flight. Tasty and tender for the most part.

Easter egg given by the crew as it was Easter Monday

SFO-SIN

Herb Mustard crusted Lamb Loin (Lamb loin with red wine sauce, lyonnais potato, French buttered string beans and parsley buttered Chateau carrots)

- Lamb was as expected overcooked and too salty. Potatoes were nice though. Not ordering again.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ycp81;176041]Crab cake with broccoli, baby carrots, fresh asparagus, and roasted potato wedges.
            It was rather tasty, with lots of crab meat!

Didn't take a picture but I had the same - Crab cake with broccoli, baby carrots, fresh asparagus, and roasted potato wedges - on my way out of SFO earlier month and I agree, it was tasty! Small portion though since it was a Light Meal.

Comment

• Pan-Fried Free Range Chicken Supreme
              Tender chicken breast with saffron-scented jus, roasted fingerling potatoes and fine ratatouille. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Georges Blanc

Verdict
              It sounds boring but I decided to give it a try since a celebrity chef's name is on it. It arrived on my table with an impressive aroma of poultry-fat-juice goodness. But it went downhill after that. The flavour is not exciting. But the texture is good, juicy and tender. It's not a bad dish for what it describes and if you are on diet you can pick this selection. But it's no more seconds for me.

Comment

• Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass with Bouillabaisse sauce
                An adaptation from its Marseillaise original, this is served with capsicum confit and kalamata olive potato.

BTC-ed on SQ876 SIN-TPE

Flaky, moist fish. Flavourful mash. Capsicum confit was rather overwhelmingly sour.

Poached Egg Served with Hollandaise Sauce
                Poached egg served with hollandaise sauce with smoked salmon, asparagus and potato hash (inclusive of Breakfast service)

BTC-ed on SQ876 SIN-TPE

Potato mash was rather bland and dry, eggs were not runny (as expected, the effects of re-heating). Was looking forward to the smoked salmon as promised by the website description, which unfortunately did not exist in the actual dish. Saving grace was the juicy asparagus and cherry tomato.

Taiwanese style braised beef noodle soup

BTC-ed on SQ879 TPE-SIN

This was highly recommended by one of the FSS in an earlier flight. Unfortunately the TPE lounge had a similar dish which tasted better - the noodles in-flight were rather soggy. The soup and beef chunks were flavourful, though.

Comment

• I had the poached eggs too recently,

Egg was perfectly runny.

But the potato was yucks - heavy and heavy and heavy. And yes, bland not good,

I had the smoked salmon in the dish, but not a fan.

Won't order again

Comment

• Seared Nut Veal Fillet

Veal fillet seared with a crust of crumbled hazelnuts and served with veal jus, crushed potato, confit tomato and green asparagus spears (contains pork). Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Carlo Cracco.

Veal meat was too dry and tasteless

Comment

• Hainanese Chicken Rice

Hainanese chicken rice served with vegetables, Hainanese soya sauce, ginger and spring onion sauce and chilli sauce.

The meal was amazing. Chicken meat was tender and juicy and ginger sauce was wonderfully flavoured.

Comment

• Nasi Uduk with Chicken and Shrimp (Inclusive of Breakfast service)

Coconut flavoured rice with spicy sambal prawns, fried chicken and spring onion omelette.

Tasty, juicy and flavoured. Very nice meal

Comment

• SIN-JFK-SIN J Meals June/July

BTC Nasi Lemak - Not the first time I've had this and it's always been a good choice right down to the chilli. Don't do the onboard menu Nasi Lemak as it's quite different and nowhere near as nice as the BTC one.

BTC Honey glazed duckling with vegetables and Chinese egg noodles - Sounded interesting but it was a fail for me. Duck was chewy and noodles were undercooked and under seasoned. Never again.

On board menu Fish Noodles Soup - In reality it was only average at best but because I was in the US for 2 weeks and refused to eat any Asian food, this tasted pretty darn good during the flight out of JFK but when I think back now it's a different story ...

New York Cheesecake - Even though I had a lot of superb cheesecakes in New York, this was actually quite good. Not too dense and not too sweet.

BTC Lamb Rendang with vegetable in coconut milk and steamed rice - The curry was way too sweet and the lamb pieces were not in chunks but shreds so this was a fail for me.
                          Last edited by jonleong; 19 July 2015, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• BTC-ed the following in Suites (Sep 2015), SQ11 NRT-SIN. In general, the BTC options sound more appealing than the catered international selection.

Beef Sukiyaki with steamed rice

Have seen various presentations posted online: swimming in sauce, rolled up, ... mine came braised/stew style with just enough sauce. Rice seemed to be of Japanese short-grain variety - good even on its own. Beef was tender though streaked with fats.

Roasted game hen in mushroom and sherry-vinegar sauce with seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes

Flaky & moist flesh.

Comment

• Grilled Beef Steak with Baked Potatoes

BTC-ed ex ZRH on September 30, 2015

Comment

• Swiss Roesti with smoked balik salmon

BTCed breakfast ex ZRH on October 1, 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X