kosher meals what to expect with Singapore Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Well, I sometimes do order a halal meal BUT still get my regular doses of alcohol on flights... Granted I was once asked by an SQ girl but explained that the halal meals are sometimes better than the standard Y catering... She laughed it off and actually agreed with me...
    I'm of the same opinion here, and I often get strange looks from cabin crew. I'm sure it's totally innocent.

On my last flight SYDSIN when the cabin crew came to confirm prior to take off that I had requested a MOML the pax seated next to me gave me somewhat of a mortified look that I would have the audacity to order a MOML...

The LS noticed this also, and said to her "don't worry, it tastes better"

Couldn't help but chuckle

Comment

I do get the looks as well and most of the time the person sitting next to me assumes I married a muslim... Good conversation starter, if you are in the mood for it...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Oh man... that's the first and last time I'm doing a KSML.

More pics etc later this evening when I have the 'net...

(the F KSML quantity is MASSIVE, though)..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          More pics etc later this evening when I have the 'net...
          Pics please

Comment

Sure, gimme a bit of time to upload / sort everything out. First full day back in SIN... didn't have time at all that night as got back at 3am..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Sure, gimme a bit of time to upload / sort everything out. First full day back in SIN... didn't have time at all that night as got back at 3am..
              Still waiting for your lovely TR !

Comment

Before I go on - Sorry for the delay. Please note the following:

-these photos were taken on SQ800 circa 5:20AM
                -SQ800 is a sleeper flight (which means a choice of supper or breakfast) with a 1AM departure
                -in F, a special meal request such as the KSML (Kosher) or SFML (Seafood) seems to mean (happy to be corrected if wrong) two uploads of food
                -one upload will be for after take-off (i.e. dinner/supper) or before arrival (i.e. breakfast)
                -for this particular flight, a dinner KSML package was loaded, as well as a breakfast one

It took quite awhile to compile the results of this scientific experiment (read: procrastination) - without further ado, I present an F Kosher Meal (Breakfast edition):

Packaging - wrapped up, you can opt to break the seal yourself or let the cabin crew do it for you (it's a little messy/filled with condensation so I let the cabin crew do it)

The Spread - nearly overflows 9V-SQC's F table...

The Main Event - (HEAVILY) smoked haddock, with roast potatoes and roast vegetables (courgettes, aubergines and onions)

The Muffin (whose name I can't pronounced) - Which quickly became my main course as I didn't find the rest that appetising (everything else was just way, way too salty + smoky)

The appetiser - More smoked fish, slightly more edible than the main fish dish, but still very chewy

The cabin smelt like smoked fish after that... at least 1AB!

Won't be doing this one again and I soon gave up and ordered off the main menu (thankfully far more palatable).

Final words: Don't order except for religious reasons (obviously)

Comment

A meal my Baba would have been proud to serve....... (I kid you not)!

Comment

I never thought I'd say this but the grub they serve at the cafeterias in Hebrew U in Jerusalem (Har Hatzofim campus) looked better than this. Even the slop at the various central bus stations in Israel looked better.

The hebrew word immediately above "cup cake" is the transliteration of the word Muffin. The brand or what I presume is the brand is something like Akhoh/Akhoha.

Comment

Thanks for your scientific research on our behalf, Kyo.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

thanks for sacrificin yrself, kyoso that all may know =)

Comment

Working...
                        X