No announcement yet.

The Singapore Airlines - TWG Tea Drinker's Rating Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I'm not the only one to assume that!

Comment

StarG, which magazine has that article? I'd be interested to read...

Comment

AUGUST, don't remember which issue - August or July 2010.

Comment

I'll stick with my PG Tips !

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            +1!! Best tea EVER!
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
              Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
              +1!! Best tea EVER!
              A hearty +1 from me too. My No.1 tea brand, actually drinking it now as I catch up on the forum Twinings Everyday is also worth an honourable mention.

To steer this back to TWG, although not really in a positive way, I personally feel that their bags don't provide sufficient "oomph" to make a proper cup of, say, English Breakfast - and I don't take my tea particularly strong. I should perhaps do a proper scientific comparison

Comment

I agree, TWG's English Breakfast blend is cr*p. Couldn't stand up to a fry-up.

If you wean yourself from milk in your tea, nickbot, you might find a breakfast tea that surpasses your beloved PG Tips (I agree too that Twinings Everyday merits a mention in the 'taken with milk' category). It's the Palace Breakfast blend from Tea Palace (I was told the InterContinental London serves it).
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  If you wean yourself from milk in your tea, nickbot, you might find a breakfast tea that surpasses your beloved PG Tips (I agree too that Twinings Everyday merits a mention in the 'taken with milk' category). It's the Palace Breakfast blend from Tea Palace (I was told the InterContinental London serves it).
                  I'm sorry Sir, but tea taken without milk is for savages In all seriousness, I can take some teas black (generally fruit infusions, green, jasmine, Earl Grey at a push), but certainly not a breakfast tea!

I was most disappointed after "treating" myself to a box of TWG English Breakfast tea bags (at not insignificant cost) to come to this negative realisation; oddly enough, I actually have a pleasant memory of TWG E.B. tea when I drank it in T2 and T3 SKL J last year, both occasions when prepared in a mug.
                  Last edited by nickbot; 12 September 2010, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                    I'm sorry Sir, but tea taken without milk is for savages In all seriousness, I can take some teas black (generally fruit infusions, green, jasmine, Earl Grey at a push), but certainly not a breakfast tea!
                    Many fruit infusions are not even real tea. Barbarian. And if you've even considered milk with green tea ...

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      Many fruit infusions are not even real tea. Barbarian. And if you've even considered milk with green tea ...

Barbarian?! I am shocked and offended

Perhaps I worded my original statement poorly - there are some teas, taken black, which I can take - namely fruit infusions, green, jasmine and Earl Grey at a push

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                        I'm sorry Sir, but tea taken without milk is for savages
                        Well, often other suppliers even offer tea with those little packs of UHT coffee cream. This is even more savage than tea without milk

But back to the topic: My companion had a chamomile tea (she was developing a cold) from the TWG selection and we were really baffled by the huge amount of chamomile flowers in the fabric bag. This was definitely the greatest experience I've ever had with infusions (and I'm not using the word "tea" here ).

Comment

Working...
                        X