Flights that don't give you the FULL SQ catering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New on this forum, I greet everybody with my 5 Cent question:

Flying Business on SQ321 departing 22:05 from LHR to SIN, on SQ285 departing 21:05 from SIN to AKL
    SQ282 departing 01:10 from AKL to SIN and SQ318 departing 12:55 from SIN to LHR

What is the sequence of meals on these flights?

SIA writes for the different legs
    SQ321 Supper/breakfast
    (I suppose it's breakfast than supper?)
    SQ285 Supper/breakfast
    (supper than breakfast ?)
    SQ282 Supper/breakfast
    (no idea on this one, supper after take off in the middle of the night makes no sense, supper in the morning either...)
    SQ221 Lunch/light meal (this one is easy: first lunch than light meal before landing)

Comment

on the sleeper flight, in your case SQ321/285/282, SQ only serve one food either right after take off or 2 hrs before landing.

Day flight SQ221, it's two meal, one big lunch then brunch (light meal)

Comment

Thanks for your quick answer.
        I don't think that SQ321 and especially SQ 285 are considered sleeper flights ? SQ282 I agree. If I look into my booking details it says for these 3 flights supper and breakfast, or should I read supper OR breakfast ?

Comment

dskrt, SQ 321 serving 2 meals, Supper + Light Meal
          SQ 285 serving 2 meals, Dinner + Breakfast
          SQ 282 serving 2 meals, Supper + Breakfast
          SQ 318 serving 2 meals, Lunch + Light Meal
          SQ 221 (SIN-SYD) leaving SIN in evening, thus is a Dinner + Continental Breakfast

Comment

Thanks feb01mel,

But still this does not answer completely my question which was in what order is this served?

SQ321 leaves at 22:05, for me it does not make sense to serve supper so late, would make more sense to serve breakfast after night and then supper before arriving in Sin

SQ285 makes sense

SQ282 leaving at 01:10 does also not make sense for me to have supper
            SQ318 makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by dskrt View Post
              Thanks feb01mel,

But still this does not answer completely my question which was in what order is this served?

SQ321 leaves at 22:05, for me it does not make sense to serve supper so late, would make more sense to serve breakfast after night and then supper before arriving in Sin
              Arriving at 17:55 in SIN you can't have a supper but a light meal

Comment

But G_G,

Who is right than, SIA in their Booking confirmation which says Supper/Breakfast and you tell me about a light meal, btw arrive at 18:45 not 17:55 All very confusing

Comment

SQ285 serves supper an hour after takeoff (it used to be full dinner), breakfast is 2 hours before landing.

SQ282 serves supper shortly after takeoff with lights down low (half pax sleep instead) and breakfast 90 minutes before landing.

You don't have to eat every meal onboard

NZ lounge in AKL does have decent food to eat before your flight, but it disappears mid evening with only light snacks thereafter until lounge closes.

Comment

Originally posted by dskrt View Post
                    But G_G,

Who is right than, SIA in their Booking confirmation which says Supper/Breakfast and you tell me about a light meal, btw arrive at 18:45 not 17:55 All very confusing
                    G_G is referring to the breakfast.

Most people do not want a heavy meal just before arrival because they'll have dinner later (either on another flight or in the city). SQ (and indeed most airlines with such a schedule) serve breakfast rather than lunch (which would be more applicable to the local time zone) because they want people to sleep and most passengers' body clock will be telling them it is breakfast time not lunch time.

Trust us - it will make sense when you take the flights.

Comment

dskrt,

I have clarified with 1 cabin crew of mine, SQ 321 is indeed serving Supper / Breakfast. Per the norm, the first meal will be served according to the origin time, and second meal will be served according to the destination time. SQ 321 departs at 2205hrs from LHR and scheduled to land around 1900hrs SIN time. For this flight only, it is special case (which I do not know why), so 2 full meals are being served for this sector, Supper is served because by the time you take off and settle down in yr seat, the time will be after 2300hrs, thus first meal is supper. The second meal is considered breakfast because by the 2nd meal,it will be morning in LHR. (But in the economy class menu, the second menu will simply be called "Before Touch Down" Menu).

Auckland sector, SQ 282, yes, it is Supper + Breakfast. As flight is about 10 hours, there will be 2 full meals provided. First meal Supper is under the full meal category, refreshment/light meal is considered not a full meal, so for the money you paid, to enable to have a full meal, Supper is the best full meal available for 1am flight.

Comment

Thanks a lot Feb01mel and also KIWI, this is great information from all of you.

Very good board indeed with really a lot of usefull information and no crap....

I am looking forward to have a great time on SQ together with my partner and also having a great time in NZ. We will stay 4 weeks

Comment

dskrt,

If you can take SQ285 & SQ286 for Auckland, the aircraft will be better,it is the 777-300ER. As for SQ281/282, it is the regional old B777-200ER. I guess the SQ281/282 timing works for you better, else try to change to sq285/286. Lunch/Dinner main menu definitely is better than supper if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                            dskrt,

If you can take SQ285 & SQ286 for Auckland, the aircraft will be better,it is the 777-300ER. As for SQ281/282, it is the regional old B777-200ER. I guess the SQ281/282 timing works for you better, else try to change to sq285/286. Lunch/Dinner main menu definitely is better than supper if you ask me.
                            feb01mel,

I fly on SQ285 to AKL, SQ282 fits better for me on the return, we arrive that evening by Overlander Train from Wellington and jump directly on the plane to SIN where we do a stopover. Arriving at 06:40 in SIN we have a full 1 1/2 Day for a short sightseeing before leaving next day with SQ318. Unfortunately there was no space available for the companion offer on SQ322

I was already wondering why a night flight is done with the old B777-200ER! But as far as I understood, these have spacebeds ?

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                              dskrt,

Does that mean that Supper is always a full meal service as I am on SQ218 MEL-SIN and its a Supper service only?

Comment

dskrt,

Firstly, welcome to Singapore, this clean & green city. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Once you step into our airport, be fascinated as this airport has won numerous awards these past few years.

SQ285/286 is a popular sector due to the timing thus the aircraft used is the B777-300ER. Are you in business class? If you are, you will be enjoying a fully flat bed. There will be direct access to the aisle for every seat as the configuration is 1-2-1. Also, the entertainment of movies & music will be much more than the B777-200ER. These seats & entertainment similarly are found on our existing A380, A345 as well as A330 which proved popular with SQ customers.

As for SQ282, yes, the beds are SpaceBed in Business class, similar to those found on the 747 jumbo. The seat configuration of this aircraft will be 2-2-2.

Hi Chesty,

My turn to reply your message.

Are you in business or economy firstly? If you are in business, it is a sleeper service, meaning to enable passengers to sleep longer & have undisturbed rest, only 1 meal will be served. Thus a full meal supper is served.

If you are in economy, no sleeper service, thus 2 meals will be served, Supper + Breakfast (Menu will indicate "Before Touch Down" Menu).

If you prefer other flights serving 2 meals, it will be SQ238 and SQ228. Just fyi from 29 Sep onwards, the A380 will be operating on SQ228 on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X