Food on SIN-KUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    No need to be too concerned about what's served on this very short flight. At either end of the route are a myriad of delightful tastes and variety, i can't imagine why anyone would be too bothered if you got a meal or not.
    Unless one actually paid a thousand ringgit for the 30 min hop

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      No need to be too concerned about what's served on this very short flight. At either end of the route are a myriad of delightful tastes and variety, i can't imagine why anyone would be too bothered if you got a meal or not.
      Totally agree - so does not matter which airline one flies as long as it is safe

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
        JAL which does the route does not even provide a snack and its only one drink in JCL.
        I recall JAL provided apple juice in box and peanut in Y class.

I think what SQ should do is give a juice in a box and sandwich. They are wasting time for taking "order". What do you like Sir/Madam, it self take 10seconds. then Pax may think may be another 10-30sec. Multiple this with 255 and see how much time can be saved if they simply through the thing in without even asking.

Even CX HKG-TPE route they just give you that sandwich without asking.
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          Even CX HKG-TPE route they just give you that sandwich without asking.
          HKG=TPE isn't quite as short KUL-SIN
          Last edited by SilverChris; 23 December 2011, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            KUL-SIN isn't quite as short HKG-TPE
            Err ... presumably you wanted to write it the other way?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              I think so also.

That's my point SIN-KUL is even shorter than HKG-TPE. So what the point to bring the cart and asking Coffee, tea or any juices?

They should simply just give the pax orange/apple juice like JAL style hehehe
              Last edited by lingua101; 23 December 2011, 03:55 PM.
              visit my blog

Comment

On MH, the crew distributed peanuts followed by choices of juices (2 choices) or water. Juices/water are served using plastic disposable cups.

On SQ, juices are served pre-packed unless you are having coffee/tea where it will be served in normal cups on small trays. Imagine the time "wasted" putting the coffee/tea cups on a tray, lining the tray with a paper serviette, pouring the coffee/tea into the cup and then serving the tray to the pax.
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Sorry, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    On MH, the crew distributed peanuts followed by choices of juices (2 choices) or water. Juices/water are served using plastic disposable cups.

On SQ, juices are served pre-packed unless you are having coffee/tea where it will be served in normal cups on small trays. Imagine the time "wasted" putting the coffee/tea cups on a tray, lining the tray with a paper serviette, pouring the coffee/tea into the cup and then serving the tray to the pax.
                    However, MH doesn't serve coffee/tea in Y. But after reading your recent TR on QF's short-haul service, it is obvious that MH/SQ's service on this route leaves much to be desired

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      However, MH doesn't serve coffee/tea in Y. But after reading your recent TR on QF's short-haul service, it is obvious that MH/SQ's service on this route leaves much to be desired
                      Exactly the point why I brought up the post. Mind you, we are not taking Gunung Raya Bas or Kosortium Bas Ekpress Semenanjung.

I do Hainan Meilan and Guangzhou a fair bit when I go back to visit relatives and they do give out this box thing as well. Not that we mind not eating because there is Lau Pa Sat or Jalan Alor on either end but for the cost per mile flown, It makes this trip look a tad stingy.

Comment

I recall JAL provided apple juice in box and peanut in Y class.
                        I took that 21 times and never got a peanut, are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I took that 21 times and never got a peanut, are you sure?
                          Can't be sure... May be u r right. No peanut just juice. Only remember beautiful air stewardess
                          Last edited by lingua101; 24 December 2011, 10:27 PM.
                          visit my blog

Comment

Can't be sure... May be u r right. No peanut just juice. Only remember beautiful air stewardess
                            There's a huge difference between a snack box and nothing

Comment

What about Sri Lankan Airlines now? They used on serve a snack in economy on the SIN-KUL sector.
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I think what SQ should do is give a juice in a box and sandwich. They are wasting time for taking "order". What do you like Sir/Madam, it self take 10seconds. then Pax may think may be another 10-30sec. Multiple this with 255 and see how much time can be saved if they simply through the thing in without even asking.
                                Its this kind of suggestion that forces airlines to change meals to box "snacks." the reason why SQ does that "song and dance routine" is cause someone has the idea that just having contact with a SQ FSS who does makeup and puts on tons of foundation is worth paying 30% premium for.

Comment

Working...
                                X