Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Hyatt Saigon ; 8 years old, closing for refurb

I kid you not.

This is one of the best quality hotels that I regularly stay in, even if I do split my time between here and the Sheraton in Saigon. Even so they are closing in the new year for a couple of months to 'refurb and upgrade'. Staggering.

If this place needs a refurb then some other places I stay in need to close....

Wow. Stayed there earlier this year. Not a thing wrong with the place.

Comment

Indeed. I had a chat with someone from management a few weeks ago and apparently the owners wants to really go for it and make it one of the best hotels in the region. A tall order if you consider the competition. They are adding a function area at the pool and revamping the Lobby Bar among other things.

I hope they get their timing right. Vietnam is worse than Bangkok for things being late, the PH itself took about four years to complete and the LM next to the river still isn't open.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        If this place needs a refurb then some other places I stay in need to close....

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Wow. Stayed there earlier this year. Not a thing wrong with the place.
        Do they have yet another fan?

Indeed. I had a chat with someone from management a few weeks ago and apparently the owners wants to really go for it and make it one of the best hotels in the region. A tall order if you consider the competition. They are adding a function area at the pool and revamping the Lobby Bar among other things.

I hope they get their timing right. Vietnam is worse than Bangkok for things being late, the PH itself took about four years to complete and the LM next to the river still isn't open.
        How long does MAN Flyer think the reno will be?

I hope they accomplish their goal. Competition is a good thing.

Hope their rates don't go up that much...
        HUGE AL

Comment

Yeah, this probably spells Cat 6 or 7 now...

Comment

Park Hyatt Hanoi Coming 2018 (which means 2020)

Since this is likely very far off, I thought I'd put it in a PH Saigon thread.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/busines...ovt-59320.html

Surprised MAN Flyer didn't beat me to it.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Surprised MAN Flyer didn't beat me to it.

Shame it's not open now as I will be in Hanoi on Wednesday for the first time in years. Currently in T2 SKL F awaiting SQ186 to SGN as well ironically enough but staying at the Sheraton instead of the PH this time.

Comment

...staying at the Sheraton instead of the PH this time.
                Really?!? How did THAT happen???

Have you checked out the PH since the reno…or…is that still going on?
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Really?!? How did THAT happen???

Have you checked out the PH since the reno…or…is that still going on?
                  Yes stayed there a couple of times since the refurb, and I do like the place a lot. But I rotate between the two as I will always have a soft spot for the Sheraton due to staying so much in days of yore when I was coming here every other month. A good friend from those days still works here in a rather senior position. Unfortunately they are at 110% for the next few days so my usual huge suite is not possible.

To be fair she has just been up to the lounge apologise about the lack of availability of Suites, , which she didn't need to do as I have been royally looked after here for years. You can tell its a good connection when the boss of Flyertalk drops me a line prior to her stays here.
                  Last edited by MAN Flyer; 22 February 2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X