Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressions of SQ New A380 Launch Event (Programme, Catering by SATS, Goodie Bags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    9V-JKL and I attended the SQ A380 new cabin products launch event at Suntec Convention Centre on Saturday, 4 Nov 2017, as guests of 9V-SIA and his lovely wife.

A rundown of the new cabin products from the event has been posted in the main new cabin classes discussion thread here.

Rather than post distracting pictures of the food and festivities in that thread, I thought I would post my impressions of the event itself in a separate thread here.

This was the last of a series of launch events over the period 2-4 November. The first event on 2 November was for the media, with events for travel and industry guests on 3 November. The events on 4 November, including the evening event we attended, looked to be mainly VIP or top tier frequent flyers (I would guess Lifetime Solitaire PPS) and other invited guests (If anyone has a more accurate profile of guests that evening, do share...).

By any standards, this was a lavish affair as far as F&B was concerned...

Guests were welcomed at the door with beverages of their choice...champagne, red or white wine, a signature cocktail, or soft beverages...

Before being shown to their seats at high tables and bar stools in front of a large screen...

A seemingly never ending flow of hors d'oeuvres were served, including caviar on blini...

...duck rillette...

...and other delights...

I heard from a friend of mine that she attended an event on the 2nd which is similar and that was for VIP passengers it seems....

Comment

Those pics of the New Suites look better than the leaked / released photos! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great event!

Comment

Now I'm really upset that I did not get to go, that buffet looked amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
          Those pics of the New Suites look better than the leaked / released photos! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great event!
          Yes, a very well run launch event (Or more accurately series of events...). The Suites and Business class products are much more impressive in real life than many of the pics online.

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          Now I'm really upset that I did not get to go, that buffet looked amazing
          Wish you were here for the event, Lobster, and also for the small last-minute get together we had prior to the launch!

Quite an impressive spread that SATS put together for the launch...I really stuffed myself!

Comment

These are great pictures yflyer. Compared to SQ's A380 microsite, the Y seats look about the same width in your photos which are similar to the current ones already on the 77W(R). Thanks again for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              These are great pictures yflyer. Compared to SQ's A380 microsite, the Y seats look about the same width in your photos which are similar to the current ones already on the 77W(R). Thanks again for sharing
              Thanks, SQfanatic! It was great wandering around the launch with 9V-SIA and 9V-JKL checking out the new products and taking photos. Together with MAN Flyer's and StarG's photos, I think we did the launch justice in terms of photo coverage...

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                Just a thought I got when I saw the guy holding up the "SYD" sign, maybe the destinations that everyone got at the event will be the destinations for the new A380's?
                The first few signs are the A380 destinations. I believe I saw SYD, LON and TYO as the first three (they did not use the airport codes LHR or NRT)

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                  The first few signs are the A380 destinations. I believe I saw SYD, LON and TYO as the first three (they did not use the airport codes LHR or NRT)
                  We also had similar routes occur when SWU-SNA came as our former 77WN, and I did read they started with LHR, then NRT, SYD, and when more came in, they began doing HKG/SFO.

Comment

Working...
                  X