Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
    oh wow, no wonder...
    As I said there were knock-on effects. SQ1 operated by SWV was supposed to turn back as SQ2. Instead, SWV got sent as SQ866/865 back to HKG, they would have used SNA that was on the ground as a delayed PVG flight which only left at 9PM. To my knowledge the only other 3-class plane was SWG which had come as 319 and a frame that came as 637 from NRT, all of which were 2006 77Ws. I'm sorry but I do not clearly know if SWI operating SQ2 had an equipment problem

This is the issue with the increase of 77WR especially when 2 77WN are gone in for refitting. 3 weeks left and they have only 3 77WN craft to run by before SQ2/1 go 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      As I said there were knock-on effects. SQ1 operated by SWV was supposed to turn back as SQ2. Instead, SWV got sent as SQ866/865 back to HKG, they would have used SNA that was on the ground as a delayed PVG flight which only left at 9PM. To my knowledge the only other 3-class plane was SWG which had come as 319 and a frame that came as 637 from NRT, all of which were 2006 77Ws. I'm sorry but I do not clearly know if SWI operating SQ2 had an equipment problem

This is the issue with the increase of 77WR especially when 2 77WN are gone in for refitting. 3 weeks left and they have only 3 77WN craft to run by before SQ2/1 go 77WR.
      oh wow no wonder ! its a tight fit huh !

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
        oh wow no wonder ! its a tight fit huh !
        Sounds like if they are managing with SWV, SWW, SWY. If one more goes out for maintenance or refitting it will sound like most of the time SQ2 will take a frame off SQ1 until the day it goes 77WR. This partially explains why SQ237/238 reverted back to 1006 77W and SQ318/319 seems to be getting a 77WN every other day or every other 2 days.

The fact I'm reporting the swaps SQ2/1 are getting have to do with the fact SFO has maintained their consistent reputation of keeping a plane with 2013 products. I have already been able to tell it was going to be a 77WR as until otherwise they wanted to make other changes, they wouldn't want to keep flying a plane with the 2006 products there. The decrease of 77WN being converted to 77WR will eventually say something. Overall 3 swaps this year, last year we had around the same but not when it was Summer peak season.

Comment

• Just tried the new Business Class on SQ305 LHR-SIN on the B77WR in 11A bulkhead seat.

Definitely love the legroom for lounging. As I'm 175cm tall, I had to sleep diagonally though.
          Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• I flew with SQ801 from Beijing to Singapore several days ago. The flight was operated by 77WR. Even if it was redeyd flight, there were only 3 passengers in PEY. At PEK airport, we would like to upgrade to PEY by payment. The ground staff said that we need pay 900singapore dollars each person for only this segment. After that, they also said we have no qualification to upgrade because we booked the super deal class. At last, they helped us to select 41 row, the bulkhead seat in Y class in 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
              Just tried the new Business Class on SQ305 LHR-SIN on the B77WR in 11A bulkhead seat.

Definitely love the legroom for lounging. As I'm 175cm tall, I had to sleep diagonally though.
              Could you recall the registration number? I am wondering, although they have 2013 interior, but the plane age could be 8 years different, (i.e. 9V-SWA vs 9V-SNA), I was on SQ212 rego. 9V-SWT (2006 interior) also on bulkhead seat 11D-F, I was annoyed with high-pitch squeaking noise from the front wall panel, when taxiing and on turbulence on air.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                Could you recall the registration number? I am wondering, although they have 2013 interior, but the plane age could be 8 years different, (i.e. 9V-SWA vs 9V-SNA), I was on SQ212 rego. 9V-SWT (2006 interior) also on bulkhead seat 11D-F, I was annoyed with high-pitch squeaking noise from the front wall panel, when taxiing and on turbulence on air.
                Yeah, I always keep a log of my flights on my.flightradar24.com (new flightdiary). Seems like 9V-SNA is only 2 years old. There was an elderly gentlemen sitting in the middle bulkhead and he had to bent his legs to sleep.

2017-06-26 SQ305 LHR SIN 6,769 09:48 05:13 SIA B77W 9V-SNA W 11A
                Last edited by lcpteck; 29 June 2017, 10:17 AM.
                Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                  Yeah, I always keep a log of my flights on my.flightradar24.com (new flightdiary). Seems like 9V-SNA is only 2 years old. There was an elderly gentlemen sitting in the middle bulkhead and he had to bent his legs to sleep.

2017-06-26 SQ305 LHR SIN 6,769 09:48 05:13 SIA B77W 9V-SNA W 11A
                  Same, I use www.flightmemory.com

Comment

• Since SWW got sent as 211 to SYD (late) that was initially supposed to serve SQ318, SQ1's frame SWV was suppose to initially operate SQ2, we have the third day in a month and a second day within a week SQ2 got a last minute swap to a 2006 77W. It got SWT. I think no other 3-class 77W were available at that time to do 318 and no other 77WN available to do SQ2 since SWU and SWZ are out for retrofitting.

Comment

Since SWW got sent as 211 to SYD (late) that was initially supposed to serve SQ318, SQ1's frame SWV was suppose to initially operate SQ2, we have the third day in a month and a second day within a week SQ2 got a last minute swap to a 2006 77W. It got SWT. I think no other 3-class 77W were available at that time to do 318 and no other 77WN available to do SQ2 since SWU and SWZ are out for retrofitting.
                      Not to sound rude, but is this information/post even necessary?

It is established SQ 2/1 will soon go 4 class with the newer products installed. In the meantime, SQ will run the remaining 3 class birds around the network to whatever routes they deem fit. That's all that is relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                        Not to sound rude, but is this information/post even necessary?

It is established SQ 2/1 will soon go 4 class with the newer products installed. In the meantime, SQ will run the remaining 3 class birds around the network to whatever routes they deem fit. That's all that is relevant.
                        I think SQfanatic is just emphasising on how most of the flights to SFO have been consistently 2013 products even when it is still operating in 3 class. It seldom gets a 2006 77W.

I feel that the post are all fine , we are here just to discuss about the 777 and anything about it.
                        Last edited by SQkid; 1 July 2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                          I think SQfanatic is just emphasising on how most of the flights to SFO have been consistently 2013 products even when it is still operating in 3 class. It seldom gets a 2006 77W.

I feel that the post are all fine , we are here just to discuss about the 777 and anything about it.
                          My apologies zilchster and anyone else. If this is an issue, I'll make a note of it on my own somewhere.

Yes SQKid is correct. I'm just a bit surprised this Summer it's been getting more swaps. We read an article last year on the US changes announcements stating all SFO and LAX flights would vaguely get the 2013 products on a consistent basis. I was a little surprised the swaps were increasing. On a side note, SWV is probably next or could be in maintenance. If it's the common speculation, we're tight with SWW and SWY until the 21st. But at least 3 77WN should cover til then (hopefully).

Comment

• SWV seems to be going to PVG as SQ836 later on today (3/7) , we will see in a few hours time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                              SWV seems to be going to PVG as SQ836 later on today (3/7) , we will see in a few hours time.
                              And it did. SQ2 got another swap to SWQ because SWY from 319 arrived very close to SQ2's departure time and sent it to MEL (237/238) which hasn't gotten a 77WN for almost 2 weeks. Other than that, it has been pretty consistent this week. Last week, we did see a swap two days after one swap occured as well. SWV off SQ1 got sent to DXB.

I'm assuming by next week SWZ is going to hatch as a 77WR. It's Week 5 already, and the remaining 2006 3-class birds are still flying as usual. Let's just wait and see.
                              Last edited by SQfanatic; 8 July 2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

And it did. SQ2 got another swap to SWQ because SWY from 319 arrived very close to SQ2's departure time and sent it to MEL (237/238) which hasn't gotten a 77WN for almost 2 weeks. Other than that, it has been pretty consistent this week. Last week, we did see a swap two days after one swap occured as well. SWV off SQ1 got sent to DXB.

I'm assuming by next week SWZ is going to hatch as a 77WR. It's Week 5 already, and the remaining 2006 3-class birds are still flying as usual. Let's just wait and see.
                                I do feel that they need to start working on the 2006 3-class birds soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X