No announcement yet.

Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just taken SQ11 and 12. 1 meal serving each leg in J class too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Do flights between SIN and SYD, MEL, BNE still serve 2 meals?
      I can confirm they do for BNE (or did until recently).

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
        Was on SQ 632 SIN-HND in Y 8th November and just noticed that they now only serve lunch. Previously there used to be a refreshment service later into the flight. No biggie since it's a short 6+ hours flight. Menus are still distributed.

Now I'm confused. I posted a few days back that my 8th November SQ 632 SIN-HND flight which departed 0805 hrs served just 1 meal which was lunch and the official flight time was 6 hrs 30 mins.

I just came back on 10th November SQ 635 HND-SIN which departed 2250 hrs served 1 refreshment just after take off and breakfast prior to landing. Official flight time was 7 hrs 35 mins.

I always thought meals were route dependent and not time dependent

Comment

• I think that it may also be time dependent. For example, my recent SIN- NRT flight took off at midnight, I was offered one meal after take off and another before landing. For my return from NRT - SIN, it was an afternoon flight and I only had 1 meal with satay service.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
            I think that it may also be time dependent. For example, my recent SIN- NRT flight took off at midnight, I was offered one meal after take off and another before landing. For my return from NRT - SIN, it was an afternoon flight and I only had 1 meal with satay service.
            This truly baffles me. I've flown on SQ638, which is the midnight departure to NRT, in both F and J on numerous occasions, but I have only ever been offered 1 meal, which was clearly indicated on the menu as well.

They've always been doing the Sleeper Service on my flights, which in SQ's opinion, gives passengers longer periods of undisturbed rest. Either that or cost-cutting. If they offer 2 meals, I'm quite certain they can't perform this so-called Sleeper Service and I really wonder why the number of meals that are served on the exact same flight varies.

Could it have been due to the occasional slightly longer flight hours, perhaps due to headwinds, which calls for 2 meals to be uplifted?

Comment

• Ok, to clarify, I ordered something from BTC and they asked after just before take off if I would like my BTC for supper (after take off) or for breakfast before landing. Being the pig that I am, I told them I wanted it for supper before sleeping. And the FA then asked me what I wanted for breakfast, and I chose the Hanakoireki. So that's how I assume that I get 2 meals for the SIN - NRT flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
                This truly baffles me. I've flown on SQ638, which is the midnight departure to NRT, in both F and J on numerous occasions, but I have only ever been offered 1 meal, which was clearly indicated on the menu as well.

They've always been doing the Sleeper Service on my flights, which in SQ's opinion, gives passengers longer periods of undisturbed rest. Either that or cost-cutting. If they offer 2 meals, I'm quite certain they can't perform this so-called Sleeper Service and I really wonder why the number of meals that are served on the exact same flight varies.
                In my experience, even for sleeper service in J and F, you can choose to either have a meal after take-off or before landing, or BOTH - this was clearly indicated on the menu. I would think this is more a waste reducing effort rather than a cost-cutting one. Why not if it makes sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  In my experience, even for sleeper service in J and F, you can choose to either have a meal after take-off or before landing, or BOTH - this was clearly indicated on the menu. I would think this is more a waste reducing effort rather than a cost-cutting one. Why not if it makes sense?
                  Some of my flights have omitted the option of having both. Thanks for sharing though, will look out for this on my next flight with the Sleeper Service!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post

Could it have been due to the occasional slightly longer flight hours, perhaps due to headwinds, which calls for 2 meals to be uplifted?

After flying this week in Y on SQ 211 (SIN-SYD) and SQ 212 (SYD-SIN) I might have figured it out. It's probably based on flight duration AND time of departure and arrival:

SQ 211 0940-2030 7 hrs 50 mins
                    Brunch or lunch served (I can't recall) AND dinner

SQ 212 0905-1415 8 hrs 10 mins
                    Breakfast AND lunch served

When I did Y on SQ 632 (SIN-HND) and SQ 635 (HND-SIN) last week:

SQ 632 0805-1535 6 hrs 30 mins
                    Lunch only

SQ 635 2250-0525 7 hrs 35 mins
                    Supper refreshment AND breakfast

Comment

• Took SQ326 yesterday in J. No satay ��

Comment

• I was on SQ974 to BKK this afternoon. No printed menu in Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                          I was on SQ974 to BKK this afternoon. No printed menu in Y.
                          Printed menus are gone in Y on regional flights for quite a while already. Even in J, the printed menu has been reduced to a slip of paper.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                            Printed menus are gone in Y on regional flights for quite a while already. Even in J, the printed menu has been reduced to a slip of paper.
                            Yeah menus are no more for regional. I still lament this. They should at least give out a card for everyone (and not a slip of paper in JCL). QF BA and KC do that in Y/PEY

(I'm half wishing SQ reads this)

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              in my opinion, printed menu is just a waste.

I notice that they have a "menu" (laminated A4 size paper) of the choices with pictures. I saw this on the SIN-DPS flight last July when I was curious what the crew passed to the pax, which she did not do to me.

Seems more for Chinese guest?
                              visit my blog

Comment

• Not sure if this is related, but when i was in J on SQ308 late last month, they ran out of the snacks menu very early on. They had served lunch only around 6 hours into the flight, so the latter half of the flight had no more full meal service, and when I asked for the available snacks, all they had left were the instant noodles and a very salty pack of mushroom soup.

Comment

Working...
                                X