No announcement yet.

Celebrity Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Indonesian president SBY was on board SQ328, served by an Indonesian crew:

Comment

• Though not exactly celebrities, the final 3 teams on The Amazing Race 30 were on SQ2|23OCT (HKG-SFO) on the final leg racing to the Finish Line.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Former Indonesian president SBY was on board SQ328, served by an Indonesian crew:

Comment

• From the SQ Facebook page:

Delighted to welcome Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall on board as they start their Commonwealth Games and Australia Tour.

Comment

• Wow, they dont fly BA ....

They may be private citizen and BA may be a private company, but for me, this is still quite symbolic.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              From the SQ Facebook page:

Delighted to welcome Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall on board as they start their Commonwealth Games and Australia Tour.

Alas, they're not flying in the latest Suites, which would have afforded more privacy to the couple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                Alas, they're not flying in the latest Suites, which would have afforded more privacy to the couple.
                Well they are probably one of the most experienced and best-placed to deal with any kind of exposure of their privacy...

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                  Well they are probably one of the most experienced and best-placed to deal with any kind of exposure of their privacy...
                  It's also the luxury and space of the new Suites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    It's also the luxury and space of the new Suites.
                    Which (especially in terms of both luxury and space) would still look extremely plebeian compared to Clarence House.

Comment

• Yes the new Suites are fantastic but it's no hardship to be in the original "class beyond first"!

Comment

• The Prime Minister of Fiji was on yesterdays SQ308 to LHR. I swapped seats with his wife so they could be near each other (they were in 4A and 4F) but I got the impression he wasn't pleased about them being unable to have a pair of middle seats together.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          The Prime Minister of Fiji was on yesterdays SQ308 to LHR. I swapped seats with his wife so they could be near each other (they were in 4A and 4F) but I got the impression he wasn't pleased about them being unable to have a pair of middle seats together.

No offense, but who the heck recognizes the PM of Fiji.........on his way to the Commonwealth Head of Governments meeting in London?

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                            No offense, but who the heck recognizes the PM of Fiji.........on his way to the Commonwealth Head of Governments meeting in London?
                            Let's not forget the events that led to his becoming PM, and the actions he has taken against those who disagree with him since he became PM. MAN Flyer better stay away from Fiji lest his particulars are blacklisted...

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                              Don't worry, none taken.

We do business in Fiji, with a Government department, so I would consider it somewhat remiss not to know who he was. Plus he is quite 'notorious'!.

Yes he was on his way to the CHOGM in London.

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                              Let's not forget the events that led to his becoming PM, and the actions he has taken against those who disagree with him since he became PM. MAN Flyer better stay away from Fiji lest his particulars are blacklisted...
                              I would like to think giving my seat up for them would be looked on rather kindly!.

Comment

• One for the football fans on here and while not SQ related its SQTalk related as another SQTalker had just left the same hotel a few hours earlier.

I was in the lobby of the Hyatt Churchill in London last week and the staff starting roping off an area from the entrance to a function room near the bar. I thought nothing of this until I was waiting for the lift and a couple of guys stood at the side of me looked familiar. I then realised two of them were Fernando Torres and Diego Costa, and clocked it was Athletico Madrid who were playing Arsenal the following day.

Slightly strange place for a football team to stay (and the first time I have seen one there ) but there you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X