Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Luciano Pavarotti

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/...ead/index.html

RIP - one of the greats of opera! I was lucky enough to see him a few years ago performing as Cavaradossi in Tosca at the Royal Opera House. Whilst (IMO) not at the height of his powers then, it was still a very special performance.

Comment

so sad to see him go, but he wasn't in the best shape when he died, he couldn't stand up on his last tour, so maybe it's a good thing in some ways

Comment

Indeed. I didn't think he was 71!.

I'll always remember him for the antherm to the 1990 World Cup in Italy. I was out there for 2 wonderful weeks following England and that anthem was everywhere.

RIP

Comment

RIP indeed...
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I will forever remember his great voice in his most famous "O Solo Mio" ,"Tourna A Surriento" and Verdi Rigoletto's "La Donna e Mobile".

But before Pavarotti's dead, there was another famous Russian cellist Rostropovich died also, I think his distinctive playing style in Bach's cello suites will also be remembered!!

But whatever, May God bless them!!

Comment

Working...
            X