Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
    PS. Patiently awaiting 15k to be converted to Avios - I'm actually rather fond of their European redemptions in J with £17 taxes. A recent flight back from PRG in J turned out to be quite excellent, actually.
    My experience too (but in Y and ex-LHR so rather more in taxes)!

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...4&postcount=22

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      Interesting that AVIOS miles gets me MEL-SYD for 4500 Avios but Qantas want 8000 points. I have 7000 miles in BMI im going to convert to BMI and I might even top up 2000 miles to get me the return to sydney, or business class one way if i wish.
      And- as a gold it's fully flexible changeable and refund is 100%

Comment

• Suddenly got a confirmation for a trip I booked weeks ago... scared the crap out of me when I saw the email subject as I already have hotels booked (prepaid). Anyone else had this happen to them?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
          Suddenly got a confirmation for a trip I booked weeks ago... scared the crap out of me when I saw the email subject as I already have hotels booked (prepaid). Anyone else had this happen to them?
          It happens all the time - for flights booked weeks or months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            The most intriguing one so far has been TA's LifeMiles...
            FYI: TA is officially part of Star Alliance as of two days ago:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/press...a-joining-prp/
            HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              FYI: TA is officially part of Star Alliance as of two days ago:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/press...a-joining-prp/
              A strategic move for Star Alliance... as they are sure to lose TAM to OneWorld sooner or later with the TAM and LAN merger in the LATAM group

Comment

• For those who wish to do so, and if you have any miles left, you can now move your destination miles over to BA/Avios at 1:1.

The absolute end draws closer.
                Last edited by MAN Flyer; 3 July 2012, 04:11 PM. Reason: additional comment..

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  For those who wish to do so, and if you have any miles left, you can now move your destination miles over to BA/Avios at 1:1.

The absolute end draws closer.
                  Do keep in mind, contrary to what was posted earlier, this is a one way transfer only. So if you want to utilize any of BD's remaining partners, you won't be able to move Avios to BMI.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• For memory.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16045642/VN-20111209-00002.amr

Comment

• I did MAN-LHR at the beginning of the week on what I though could be my last BD flight and possibly last visit to the BD Lounge at MAN. We were flying to BCN and back and even though booked on BA.com and all on BA flight numbers it would not allow OLCI, due to the first flight being on BD metal, which is still causing problems accordiing to the BD staff at MAN. There was one other person in the BD lounge at MAN and about a dozen pax on the jungle jet down to LHR. Sad to see, although they had cancelled another two MAN-LHR flights as it appears they can't be bothered to operate a number of their slot sitters.

We got back to LHR fine from BCN yesterday lunch time but just as we got back to LHR last night to fly back to MAN we got an email advising our flight was cancelled. The options were, rebooked onto the 2130 BA flight from T5, which was probably going to be an hour late or book on the 2030 BD flight from T1. We chose the latter so got another BD flight and another, possibly final, visit to the BD domestic lounge at LHR T1.

I did find the irony of our BA flight being cancelled and being rebooked onto good old BD metal rather amusing. The fact that we were the only pax sat after row 12 on an A320 was also rather amusing. There are another two BD flights to MAN due to depart after ours left as well. The press would have a field day with these three quarter empty aircraft flying around.

Comment

• Has anyone been able to merge their DC miles into their BAEC account using the online tool (on the BA website)? I've tried several times and keep getting this error :

"Your session has timed out, please log in again"

Comment

• Just did another block.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Has anyone been able to merge their DC miles into their BAEC account using the online tool (on the BA website)? I've tried several times and keep getting this error :

"Your session has timed out, please log in again"
                              Just last week. My own account and my dad's account. Two transfers, instant credit.

Do you have the same names in both accounts?

Comment

• Our beloved old program will cease it's website, flybmi.com, on October 28th. RIP.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X