SQ and MH safety videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ and MH safety videos

I was just minding my own beeswax on youtube when I came across the opening of the new MAS safety video. The MH safety vid. I always thought was a very cheap and corny copy of the SQ vid. but this new safety vid. is just amazing from looking at the opening. It involves animation combined with real people with a wau bu lan flying around the world with a stunning hibiscus kind of background. Just watch for yourself! I hope SQ can make a better one for the A380.

Old MH video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7XWzysc1g

New MH video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkAdjCSLxFc&NR=1

This will definitely grab passengers attention. It reminds me of a mix between the TG video only more modern and elements from the Virgin Atlantic vid. mixed in with a unique style. I know I'm gushing over a safety vid. but this is just awesome!! It was made by hue visualab in Malaysia and apparently they are working on ads for MAS and are helping to create a new branding campaign.
    Last edited by sqforever; 30 August 2007, 07:37 AM.
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Wow.. tats nice. Somehow remind me of discovery channel, lol.. I hope I can see the full version of it.

Comment

I'm impressed with MH's new safety video
      "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

the only possible "gripe" with SQ safety demo video is that the Stewardess demonstraing the use of oxygen masks was like similing and also for some other scenes in the safety video. As this is a safety thing - perhaps the demo crew should not be smiling - but not look stern - but just not such a wide smile as it should reflect the seriousness of the safety video.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          the only possible "gripe" with SQ safety demo video is that the Stewardess demonstraing the use of oxygen masks was like similing and also for some other scenes in the safety video. As this is a safety thing - perhaps the demo crew should not be smiling - but not look stern - but just not such a wide smile as it should reflect the seriousness of the safety video.
          id rather look at a pretty smiling sq girl, then one who looks as if shes trying to say whatever just look at this or else you will die in a crash

Comment

Well, I think that both MH and SQ have nice safety video. However, personally, I prefer TG's.

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
            No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

Very professional and good command of English.
            Last edited by nykelaz; 30 August 2007, 09:05 PM.
            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Well, I think that both MH and SQ have nice safety video. However, personally, I prefer TG's.

I really like the TG vid too, but after I saw this new MH one I was blown away.
              Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Hmmm, why wasn't the first FA used to explain all the safety procedures in the MH video? I think I would have paid more attention to her. Okay, just a guys talk. Anyway, I found this safety video of the A380 on YouTube. It's very chic and contemporary. I like it very much. Enjoy!

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
                No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

I wonder if SQ's safety video would be as cool as that.
                We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

oh how I miss the old SQ safety video, from the instant the first strains of the music hit me I was instantly relaxed (strange for a safety demo huh!) and I knew that I was going back to Singapore!

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                    oh how I miss the old SQ safety video, from the instant the first strains of the music hit me I was instantly relaxed (strange for a safety demo huh!) and I knew that I was going back to Singapore!
                    Care to share with us the video?

Comment

if I could I would, the internet nazis at my boarding school have blocked youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                        if I could I would, the internet nazis at my boarding school have blocked youtube
                        HAH. Nice term to describe them. You got me laughing.

Comment

Working...
                        X