Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMI - it's over. Thanks for the memories Pune/Donington/Keeley/Joanna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "flybmi.com is no longer in use"

The page redirects to BA with that message up top.

RIP BMI

Comment

• You are now supposed to use www.diamondclub.org and use your email address rather than DC number to log in, although it has been having a few teething problems.

DC IT problems to the bitter end...

Comment

• I cannot think of any airline or FFP that could, from the grave, increase the amount of miles you can earn but guess what - that exactly what has happened!.

Those of us that still have a Platinum BMI Mastercard are now earning a recently increased 2.5 miles per pound spent, an incredible amount for a Mastercard (or Visa). We can also now get double miles on BA spend, making it up to 5 miles per pound and they have also announced a 10% discount on BA flight paid for with the card.

Seriously, only BD/DC could have done this.

Comment

• I always cringe when this thread gets a post...ESPECIALLY when it comes from the esteemed MAN Flyer. Glad one of us is still enjoying one of the last perks.
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Seriously, only BD/DC could have done this.
            AIUI, more that MBNA and BA have reasons to get closer to keep others on their toes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              I find BA Gold particularly pointless for my wanderings in SE Asia

Just dragging up this old post here.

I'll say this. I find BA gold particularly spectacular for my wanderings in SE Asia. This whole thing BD/Match/MH in OW panned out nicely for me.

Incidentally - i accidentally requalified for BA Gold even though i didn't need to. That's how much travel i put OW's way without trying. Star who?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                I find BA gold particularly spectacular for my wanderings in SE Asia. This whole thing BD/Match/MH in OW panned out nicely for me.

Incidentally - i accidentally requalified for BA Gold even though i didn't need to. That's how much travel i put OW's way without trying. Star who?
                Exactly. For continental hauls, it's pretty sweet (running around California, transcon); across the oceans, burn rate is retarded.

USA Call Center (not to last past the end of the year) is nice, with most agents bending over backwards to help you out.
                HUGE AL

Comment

I'll say this. I find BA gold particularly spectacular for my wanderings in SE Asia. This whole thing BD/Match/MH in OW panned out nicely for me.

I don't doubt it, furthermore, MH is your home base and you've loaded a bunch of flights into South America to also help your TA interests.

My TA interest, meanwhile, has stalled after my miles have still failed to credit after 3.5 weeks post-flights to Oz/back. That, and I can't speak Spanish so I'll have to call the US call centre. KF*G just helps me complain even more with whoever picks up the phone at KF.

OZ's proposition becomes more and more appealing, and at very least, TG, when their going gets right. Burning KF miles as KF*G hasn't seen any improvement since I was KF*0/*S, either.
                  Last edited by Kyo; 14 June 2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Let me put it another way. BA EC leave a lot to be desired on redemption availability. However, BA Gold is relatively easy to requalify for, and the resulting OW Emerald across CX, QF, BA, MH, etc. is far more valuable than QPP on SQ alone.

Comment

• Planning to fly to HKG on CX and back to give their lounges a try very shortly, actually

Comment

Same here. I have flown CX more in the last 12 months than the rest of my travel life combined. Probably the last 6 months even. I've flown BA between UK and S.E. Asia and vv more in the last 6 months than SQ.

I will also requalify for BA Gold.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        Let me put it another way. BA EC leave a lot to be desired on redemption availability.
                        Not sure about that. Availability seems to really open up 7-10 days before the flight, which actually suits me fine as the very nature of my travels means last minutes changes and additions. I just booked a MAN-LHR-BKK and MAN-LHR-SIN in F in the last couple of days for travel in the next few weeks. Having North of 1.5 million AVIOS helps I suppose.

Comment

Not sure about that. Availability seems to really open up 7-10 days before the flight, which actually suits me fine as the very nature of my travels means last minutes changes and additions. I just booked a MAN-LHR-BKK and MAN-LHR-SIN in F in the last couple of days for travel in the next few weeks. Having North of 1.5 million AVIOS helps I suppose.
                          I supposed everyone's MMV. I'm also a very last minute booker/traveller. On two recent trips, checking a few days out, I've not managed to find anything in J or F on SIN-LHR vv., and even LHR-CDG vv. was not showing good availability of timings even when paid seat availabilities were pretty open...

Comment

Same here. I have flown CX more in the last 12 months than the rest of my travel life combined. Probably the last 6 months even. I've flown BA between UK and S.E. Asia and vv more in the last 6 months than SQ.

I will also requalify for BA Gold.
                            Ditto. Green ain't so bad after all...

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Let me put it another way. BA EC leave a lot to be desired on redemption availability.
                              European reward flight savers have been great, e.g. £40 plus a few thousand miles for LHR-FRA booked the day before (albeit it may be the crack of dawn flight); and LHR-MXP for a very last minute decision to go away for the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                                Green ain't so bad after all...
                                Or Traitor Air to revive a name which was once commonly used here.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1746

Comment

Working...
                                X