FedEx cancels A380 order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx cancels A380 order

Just seen this on BBC News. FedEx has cancelled its 10 A380's and replaced the order with 15x B777F's. Pretty devastating for the A380F programme to be honest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6126206.stm

Surprised they didn't go for the B748F which is selling quite well. I think that just leaves UPS with A380F orders - must put the programme in some danger I would have thought.
    Check out my Trip Reports at:
    Phil's Travel Diary

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
    Just seen this on BBC News. FedEx has cancelled its 10 A380's and replaced the order with 15x B777F's. Pretty devastating for the A380F programme to be honest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6126206.stm

Surprised they didn't go for the B748F which is selling quite well. I think that just leaves UPS with A380F orders - must put the programme in some danger I would have thought.
    This is hardly surprising, given the string of delays. UPS is also evaluating their A380 order, so there may be more cancellations (and all that implies) to come...

Comment

Apart from SQ as they're the only ones who've committed to a serious marketing campaign (seems the A380 is central to their "look ma! my plane's biggerer and betterrer, and to top it off, I got it first!" strategy) - other airlines seem less than enamoured by Airbus shenanigans don't they?

Some other airline's orders are also on wobbly ground now - I think we'll see more cancellations in time.

Comment

Hmm, the beginning of the end?
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Oh, you have too little faith in the power of government subsidies and national / bureaucratic pride.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Remember with the guarenteed government loans if it all goes pear shaped then it hits European tax payers and not Airbus.

Anyway in the long run I think it will do alright but will never be the cash cow that the 747 turned into for Boeing.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              I think if UPS cancels its order, the end of the A380F (freighter) version is certainly a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                I think if UPS cancels its order, the end of the A380F (freighter) version is certainly a possibility.
                I can only imagine the frantic negotiations that must be taking place behind the scenes.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                X