Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    I think flights to Europe have been outright cancelled because they can’t do crew turnarounds (even if dead heading).
    Whereas to nearer PVG/CAN/PEK ... maintaining 1x daily flight could purely be for cargo business.

Anyone has time to compile a list of flights NOT canceled (still operating as per schedule) for the months till end May? 😂
    Hahahaha, at the rate the whole world is reacting to COVID19, things changes every seconds, by the time the list is done, it will be outdated. Constant change is the new norm.

Comment

• SQ have finally allowed free cancellation to be used as credit for future flexible rebooking up to 31/3/2021

https://www.facebook.com/6352578678/...009143679/?d=n

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        I think flights to Europe have been outright cancelled because they can’t do crew turnarounds (even if dead heading).
        Whereas to nearer PVG/CAN/PEK ... maintaining 1x daily flight could purely be for cargo business.

Anyone has time to compile a list of flights NOT canceled (still operating as per schedule) for the months till end May? 😂
        SQ should be able to do double sets of crewing?
        I think SQ should mount a few rescue flights to/from Europe. Bring those Singaporeans back home. Believe quite a number are struggling to get back

Comment

• There are 2 issues here - one is that SQ do not want its crew to stay overnight in those cities that are affected. Secondly do not think that paxing crew over 13 hours and then having them to operate the flight back is possible? If its below 7 hours then its ok to do so.

Comment

• The only US port I had not seen hit is SQ12/11 to LAX via NRT, it’s operating with the 77W as normal.

Comment

• Malaysia has just announced a nationwide lockdown for 2 weeks, starting March 18 until March 31.
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                SQ should be able to do double sets of crewing?
                I think SQ should mount a few rescue flights to/from Europe. Bring those Singaporeans back home. Believe quite a number are struggling to get back
                SQ will be mounting a flight to Munich. Not sure the actual purpose of this flight, but could be a repatriation flight.

SQ8930|17MAR (SIN-MUC) will be operated by 9V-SMR, departing from remote stand.
                STD: 0230

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  The only US port I had not seen hit is SQ12/11 to LAX via NRT, it’s operating with the 77W as normal.
                  There's also the non-stop SQ21/22 between Singapore and Newark, which has not seen any cancellations - none published anyway. Even with travellers that were originally booked to/from JFK to SIN, I'm not sure how full the plane will be though...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    Malaysia has just announced a nationwide lockdown for 2 weeks, starting March 18 until March 31.
                    It is not lock down, it is restricted movement order.

Comment

• SIA have reported a load factor of 67.4% in February 2020 compared to 80.4% in Feb 2019.
                      Passenger carried in Feb 2020 is 1.27 mil compare to 1.58’mil in Feb 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                        SQ8930|17MAR (SIN-MUC) will be operated by 9V-SMR, departing from remote stand.
                        STD: 0230
                        Very likely an Aircargo flight. The massive cancellations to/from Europe also have a big impact on available cargospace. I believe there will be more flights with passenger airplanes hauling cargo between the two continents.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          There are 2 issues here - one is that SQ do not want its crew to stay overnight in those cities that are affected. Secondly do not think that paxing crew over 13 hours and then having them to operate the flight back is possible? If its below 7 hours then its ok to do so.
                          These flights already require 1.5 or 2 sets of crew to fly. To double that would mean 8 crew flying, staying in the aircraft for 20+ to 30+ hours. Not very feasible if the crew is not allowed in the passenger cabin to rest, but probably doable for cargo only flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                            Very likely an Aircargo flight. The massive cancellations to/from Europe also have a big impact on available cargospace. I believe there will be more flights with passenger airplanes hauling cargo between the two continents.
                            I hope airlines will be able to mount more cargo services as passenger services are suspended.

We desperately need face masks from China, as well as other protective equipment to make us Coronavirus free.

Comment

• More imported cases in the state of New South Wales. Some of the infected passengers ha been on SQ flights.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...tious-c-749289

Singapore Airlines flight SQ221 from Singapore to Sydney, arriving 2 March 2020. Close contacts were in rows 91-95.

Singapore Airlines flight SQ231 from Singapore to Sydney, arriving 6 March 2020. Close contacts were in rows 19-24.

Comment

• Think by now with almost all of EU, UK and US shutdown, SQ would likely have at least 50% of its international flights be cancelled and easily 40% of its planes be grounded.

Comment

Working...
                                X