Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
    Yes SQ pilots. They had to clear immigration in DRW. SQ212 (9V-SYL) now operating SYD-ASP-DRW-SIN to pick up the SQ/TR pilots and fly them home (exit immigration in DRW again).

What a faff.
    Speaking of which, there are actually quite a lot of SQ flights (with no pax I am guessing) traversing the airways between SIN and SYD. There were at least two 744Fs coming in during the day yesterday, SYL (on the SQ221 last evening) arriving this morning, and there is SWH operating SQ211 arriving this evening.

I hope they are still making some money carrying freight around.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      With Singapore going into almost a lockdown situation from next tuesay till 4 May, will SIA still be operating most of its limited flights from April to China and Europe? On SIN-HKG, Scoot is operating 3 times a week.
      Most flights to China are cargo only anyway (only once a week to PVG is allowed to carry pax IIRC) so it shouldn't affect too much - if anything I would bet Singapore need the cargo inflow brought by these planes

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
        Most flights to China are cargo only anyway (only once a week to PVG is allowed to carry pax IIRC) so it shouldn't affect too much - if anything I would bet Singapore need the cargo inflow brought by these planes

Michael
        There are now 3 daily cargo flight to shanghai using passenger plane plus One more using 747F.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
          SQ833/SQ807 both operated as cargo only flight from PVG and PEK?
          Changi Airport arrival information only show as VA5551/VA5553? Did not even show the SQ flight number n terminal.

31/3 changi have only 16 arrival flight if i am not wrong.
          Wonder why they still do not want to close some of the terminals
          I guess you have your answer here:
          https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...ing-costs-says

TL;DR
          - T2 to suspend operations from 1 May 2020 till end November 2021 (18 months)
          - SQ to consolidate operations to T3 only
          - Other airlines at T2 to shift to T1, T3 or T4
          - Upgrading works to be completed 1 year ahead of schedule (original completion date 2024)
          - Airport development levy to be waived from 13 April 2020 to 31 March 2021

Comment

• SQ/MI will be operating out of T3 w.e.f 08APR20.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              SQ/MI will be operating out of T3 w.e.f 08APR20.
              Effectively they already are, SQ966/967 to and from Jakarta last night was the final planned T2 flight. There were no planned T2 departures for SQ/MI today (7th) anyway.

Comment

• 9V-SMU A350 heading to LHR
                Is this a first time an A350 from SQ goes there

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                  9V-SMU A350 heading to LHR
                  No. Many times already. Previous few days also operated by A350.
                  Think there are also some flight in late March operated by A350.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    9V-SMU A350 heading to LHR
                    The A350-LH variant will continue to serve LHR thrice weekly till the end of this month.

Comment

• SIA will be operating a one off repatriation flight for Singapore Citizens & PR in India on 09APR20. Details as follows:
                      SQ423|09APR (DEL-BOM-SIN) operated by 9V-SMW.
                      (DEL)
                      STD: 2100
                      (BOM)
                      STD: 2340

Comment

• For those customers who asked to cancel and refund their flights over the 15 March weekend, have you received your refunds yet? I had a J revenue ticket booked through AMEX travel and was told that SQ disabled the usual automatic refund ability and AMEX can only wait for SQ to manually process now. Sounds like nothing but an attempt to hold on to customers' cash for as long as possible...

Comment

• I cancelled & refunded a KF redemption flight on Apr 6 at ION office and while the agent deposited the miles straight away into my account, the tax + security fees hit my credit card today. Very fast overall, but small amounts. YMMV.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                            For those customers who asked to cancel and refund their flights over the 15 March weekend, have you received your refunds yet? I had a J revenue ticket booked through AMEX travel and was told that SQ disabled the usual automatic refund ability and AMEX can only wait for SQ to manually process now. Sounds like nothing but an attempt to hold on to customers' cash for as long as possible...
                            Nope, haven't received the refund yet.

Comment

• SQ will be operating a one-off flight to Phnom Penh with Boeing 777-300ER.
                              SQ192|12APR (SIN-PNH) operated by 9V-SWQ.
                              STD: 1140
                              ETD: 1215
                              ATD: 1226
                              Last edited by Not You; 12 April 2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                                SQ will be operating a one-off flight to Phnom Penh with Boeing 777-300ER.
                                SQ192|12APR (SIN-PNH) operated by 9V-SWQ.
                                STD: 1140
                                ETD: 1215
                                ATD: 1226
                                https://www.khmertimeskh.com/5071240...news-digest_54

Comment

Working...
                                X