777ER in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 777ER in Y

Though I have flew in the 777 ER many times over, this is the first time that I will be in Y on this plane, due to company's restrictions on business class because of the ecnomic downturn.

Am now sitting in SKL T3 waiting for time to board. It will be SQ 862 to Hong Kong, am assigned seat 44C, which is emergency exit roll seat. No, I did not pay the surcharge to get this seat. It was automatically assigned to me, checked yesterday when I did a internet check in and found out....

Well, breakfast in SKL T3 is nothing to shout about, I had a charsiew dumpling and some teochew dumpling and a juice.

No pictures yet, will be posting pictures and further report after my flight, hopefully while waiting in Hong Kong, otherwise will update from China....

Cheers....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

It's not bad sitting in exit row, right? Can't wait for the pictures!

Comment

Landed in Hong Kong on schedule, now sitting in SKL posting this....

Yes SQ LPP, sitting at exit row is not so bad, but of course I miss the seats in front...... bit for this short flight, alright... it will not be so comfortable if I have to fly to EU..... looks like I will postpone travels until after May and see how the bosses comes up with something new. If they suffer in their flights in Y, hopefully they will change the policy....

Here are some pictures, hot off the press..... this is almost real time trip report......

Here are some pics from SKL T3 in Singapore.....

Very quiet, but at least there is some peace, unlike sometimes where it is like a wet market....

Comment

While having some oxeygen before boarding the flight, I saw the other airline's A380.....

Comment

Today departure gate was A2, so it is the common security checks, but no hassle as apparently only 1 gate, i.e. A2 has a departure.... but what I don not understand is why the security guy asked me if I have a computer in Mandarin !!!!!.... do it mean I look Chinese or look Singaporean I will be able to understand Mandarin??.... though I do understand the language, but I feel more comfortable conversing in English....

Boarded the flight, where priority sequence was observed, so I was about the first to board in Y......

Standing at my seat and taking a picture look aft...

Looking forward....

Looking towards the right.....

The customary leg shot....

Toiletries in the wash room, not the branded stuff used in J....

Comment

Today's lunch had two selection, International or Oriental, chicken for the former and fish with fried rice the latter.

Being PPS, the LSS came to me before meal service and asked me for my choice, btw the flight in Y was full and guess this is SOP to ensure PPS pax have their choice.... lady sitting across the aisle seat with her hubby and two kids is apparently also PPS as she was asked for her choice too. (Confirmed when she presented krisshop vouchers and PPS card when she made some purchases).......

A shot of the menu (taken while in SKL HKG). Being the CNY period, cover of the menu reflect the festive season...

Main dish before unwrapping...

Chicken was rubbery... maybe should have asked for fish instead....
            Last edited by kapitan; 2 February 2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Landed on time in Hong Kong, do not have to go through immigration, but have to go through security checks... okay no fondling of the crouch (went throught he metal detector without activating the alarm) and I did not lose my watch, but hey, I don't wear a watch.... ... went upstairs and faced with a crowd of people...what a mess... trying to locate a oxygen room and finally found one upstairs again......

Saw this ...the SQ bird surrounded by the other airline which I personally is waging a boycot campaign....

Comment

Was looking at the airport map and was approached by a staff asking of I needed help.... told her I wanted to go to the Air China lounge, okay it is at gate 16..... started walking.... and then... spotted SKL, and so came in sat down to rest a little before going out for more pictures and then to the CNAC lounge..... (wifi is free, get you access code from the dragon)...

Entrance to HKG SKL

I am sitting right in the corner, just next to the TV.... (power outlet available at this seat, that's why I am here)....

Well at least this SKL have Hagen Daz ice cream.....

Some food selection....

As I am perpetually on a diet, I am not in any mood for food, just have a drink and a little ice cream.....

Ok, I will be off to roam this airport a little and take more pictures... will hop into the CNAC lounge too.....

Until later.........
                Last edited by kapitan; 2 February 2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

That "kueh lapis" carpet is an unwelcome reminder of why I have put on so much weight these past 2 weeks!

Comment

Arrived at my destination in China safe and sound....went to the CNAC lounge to wait for my Air China flight. Will not update that here but instead will start a new thread on the second part of my journey to destination.

Comment

hTc and Haagen Dazs - good combination !

Comment

Good report, nice pics, thanks for sharing, cpt.

Comment

Working...
                        X