Changi's terminal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
    You don't need the hunch Its confirmed in 2008. I even know the two tentative dates for the opening.... can't tell yet thou'... sorry
    I wonder if Feng Shui plays a part in choosing the opening date of T3...

Comment

Changi's T3 ready to open by next January

PREPARATIONS are in full swing for Changi Airport's Terminal 3 to open next January or February.

Already, construction of the main seven-storey building, including three basement floors, has been completed.

And 6.5km of train tracks for the $135 million People Mover System connecting all three terminals have been laid. The network, to have separate tracks running through the restricted and public areas, will transport passengers between Terminals 2 and 3 in just three minutes.

Even the slip road from Airport Boulevard to Terminal 3 has been built, and trees have been planted along its length.

The CAAS is expected to award key contracts, including those for security systems to screen passengers and baggage, in the next few months.

Also hotly contested is the terminal's space for retail and food and beverage outlets.

Singapore Airlines (SIA), the only confirmed tenant of Terminal 3 so far, will move more than half of its operations out of Terminal 2 where it is currently housed, spokesman Stephen Forshaw said.

Affected services include long-haul flights to the United States, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand....
      The rest of the story is here but you will need a paid subscription to read it...sorry! I think it would be against the copyright rules for me to paste the whole story.

No real mention about the new SKL though...hope it will be spectacular!!

Comment

Changi Airport Terminal 3 will start operation from 9 Jan 2008.
        Channel News Asia

Comment

Was told a while ago it was then or the 17th. Didn't think they were going to announce it yet but good to see it's now confirmed. I'm going through a few days later so look forward to seeing what it's like.

Comment

I go through Changi a few days later too - on the 14th. I'll be sure to check it out. Might even clear CIQ for fun just to see what it's like landside.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

IT'S OFFICIAL

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...278999/1/.html

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

More pictures of Terminal 3 from MalaysianWings....
                http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/...showtopic=5733

Comment

Mmmm... dedicated facility for F pax and TPP - a bit like the FCT. But I wonder if it simply funnels you to the main terminal/lounge after clearing passport control, or is it really an exclusive facility with its own lounge and a limo ride all the way to the aircraft? The latter would be very nice.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

New home for SQ from 9th Jan 2008 onwards......

Changi Airport's T3 to begin operations from 9 Jan...

Changi Airport's new Terminal 3 opens for flight operations on the 9th of January next year.

Transport Minister Raymond Lim announced this after a tour of the place, which he said will bring Singapore closer to its vision of being a regional air hub.

The S$1.75 billion terminal can handle 22 million passengers a year, bringing the airport's annual total capacity to 70 million passengers.

It is a terminal that has been seven years in the making.

And one of the first things visitors will notice is the wide use of glass and big, transparent spaces that show off all the action.

One of the unique features of Terminal 3 is the roof, which has been designed to let in natural light.

There are over 900 skylights in the roof itself which also keeps out the heat.

A five-metre high "Green Wall" of climbing plants gives the place a tropical touch.

But while the interior is ready, much work remains to be done in the eight months before its opening.

"Going forward we will have integrated testing of all the systems coming together - be it flight information, baggage and so on and so forth. We also have trial flights that are planned, involving different agencies, that systems are all go before T3 opens next year.

"There will also be a public education process where Public Transport Operators and members of the public come to T3," says Koh Ming Sue, Assistant Director, Development & Engineering, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore.

The Open House is scheduled for November and December to coincide with the year-end school holidays.

On the business front, there will be over 100 retail and over 30 food & beverage outlets.

And while there are similarities to Terminals 1 and 2, the new place will have much more automation, like a fast moving baggage tunnel allowing passengers and their luggage to make it to connecting flights between any terminal within 60 minutes; more thumb print recognition immigration clearances; and a people mover system connecting all three terminals.

And in keeping with the times, eight out of the 28 new aerobridge gates will be able to handle the new jumbo A380 planes.

Comment

I wonder if they settled on the final size of the SKL yet ?.

Comment

How would those Open Houses work? Would they issue tickets to manage the flow of the crowds?

SQT Changi T3 Open House Do?
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          Ahem ahem.. How can we make this work?

Comment

How would those Open Houses work? Would they issue tickets to manage the flow of the crowds?
                            They should conduct Open Houses for the SKL too, both F and C sides.
                            My Cafe Adventures
                            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

No idea how they will manage the crowds,
                              but yes lets find out when the open house is and organise
                              an SQTalk DO again...........hope some of you non-SIN based SQTalkers
                              can schedule your travel to be here ?
                              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

I *might* be able to make it for a Dec session.

Comment

Working...
                                X