Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts and Impressions: CX New J (74A) and CX New Y (77A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all this talk about feet lined up along the aisle for inspection, it sounds like a certain member of this forum would love CX's new J!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      With all this talk about feet lined up along the aisle for inspection, it sounds like a certain member of this forum would love CX's new J!
      But not all passengers would have pedicured feet and cuddly teddy bears.

Trust me, ain't nobody with that description on my flight.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        P.S. No greeting for this CX Gold, however. Just because I like interacting with the IFS (or whatever the CX designation is ), I missed this experience, which I had received as a OneWorld Emerald.
        Hmm...that's strange. I received greetings even as a lowly Silver member and sitting in the cattle class

Comment

Thanks again for the most informative report, jjpb3.

The new whY seat does look pretty uncomfy for getting a kip on a long haul - your comments about the awkwardness of the seat when reclined have reinforced my determination to avoid CX in whY.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

One last quibble : I found the fat portions of the seatbelt

uncomfortably stiff. I do wonder about the rationale for this change; I hope the leather becomes more supple with continued use.
            A knowledgeable source has just told me that the fat belt houses an airbag that deploys during a crash. I wish I were told that, so I could understand the reason for the uncomfortable belt.

The discomfort did make me less willing to keep the seatbelt fastened when I was sitting during the aircraft's non-turbulent portions of the flight. Don't worry: I'd have buckled up if I thought I were going to fall asleep.

Comment

Thanks jjpb3.
              It's certainly an improvement now that you post pictures as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                Thanks jjpb3.
                It's certainly an improvement now that you post pictures as well.
                Are you saying my verbal descriptions are tedious? I get the hint.

Comment

Are you saying my verbal descriptions are tedious? I take the hint.

Heh heh heh - would not say that. Your verbal description is fab but pictures can only complement your already superb TR.

Comment

SQ has those type of seat belt with air bag for the new C class seats on its 77W as well.

Comment

Thaks for this trip report.

Y does not look bad, maybe I give them a try since I do not have to worry that much about status miles nexy year. I was told, they will have the new Y on some European flights (FRA was also mentioned).
                      FLYGVA
                      Hotel and Trip Reports

Comment

Sorry for the late comment jjpb3 - I've been hibernating of late!

Many thanks for the excellent report and of course the glorious technicolour pics

Comment

Guys,saw the pic which was great indeed...i will be flying on the below schedule coming December....need help...

FLIGHT RESERVATION
                          ==================

DEP/ CITY DATE TIME DAY FLIGHT/ CLASS/ STOPS
                          ARR AIRCRAFT STATUS
                          ---- -------------------- ----- ------ --- -------- ----------- ------------
                          DEP KUALA LUMPUR KUL 08DEC 09:50 SAT CX720 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                          ARR HONG KONG INTL T1 13:35 (773) CONFIRMED
                          SEAT:14A
                          14C

DEP HONG KONG INTL T1 08DEC 16:25 SAT CX882 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                          ARR LOS ANGELES TBIT 12:50 (74J) CONFIRMED
                          SEAT:81A
                          81C

DEP SAN FRANCISCO INT'L 19DEC 00:10 WED CX873 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                          ARR HONG KONG INTL T1 20DEC 06:55 THU (744) CONFIRMED
                          81C

DEP HONG KONG INTL T1 23DEC 15:20 SUN CX721 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                          ARR KUALA LUMPUR KUL 19:00 (773) CONFIRMED
                          SEAT:14K
                          14H

Will CX change to the new refurbished aircraft on this route or would they rather stay put with the current seats to LAX & SFO? I know that the new refurbished aircraft is servicing Taipei - Narita & London route. How come they do not provide this for LAX / SFO route? I saw CX's website news stating that CX has added additional flights to SFO and they will be using a 777ER on the route? Is it true?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Good day!!

Comment

jjpb3 - i always wondered how it feels like taking off sideways. is it somewhat strange or so?
                            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by KevSQ View Post
                              Guys,saw the pic which was great indeed...i will be flying on the below schedule coming December....need help...

FLIGHT RESERVATION
                              ==================

DEP/ CITY DATE TIME DAY FLIGHT/ CLASS/ STOPS
                              ARR AIRCRAFT STATUS
                              ---- -------------------- ----- ------ --- -------- ----------- ------------
                              DEP KUALA LUMPUR KUL 08DEC 09:50 SAT CX720 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                              ARR HONG KONG INTL T1 13:35 (773) CONFIRMED
                              SEAT:14A
                              14C

DEP HONG KONG INTL T1 08DEC 16:25 SAT CX882 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                              ARR LOS ANGELES TBIT 12:50 (74J) CONFIRMED
                              81C

DEP SAN FRANCISCO INT'L 19DEC 00:10 WED CX873 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                              ARR HONG KONG INTL T1 20DEC 06:55 THU (744) CONFIRMED
                              81C

DEP HONG KONG INTL T1 23DEC 15:20 SUN CX721 BUSINESS NON-STOP
                              ARR KUALA LUMPUR KUL 19:00 (773) CONFIRMED
                              SEAT:14K
                              14H

Will CX change to the new refurbished aircraft on this route or would they rather stay put with the current seats to LAX & SFO? I know that the new refurbished aircraft is servicing Taipei - Narita & London route. How come they do not provide this for LAX / SFO route? I saw CX's website news stating that CX has added additional flights to SFO and they will be using a 777ER on the route? Is it true?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Good day!!
                              Go for CX884 for HKG-LAX. It already has new seats. The new service to SFO is still a 744 because until more 77As arrive, they will go to JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                                jjpb3 - i always wondered how it feels like taking off sideways. is it somewhat strange or so?
                                The only thing strange was that it was painful to look out the windows. Otherwise, I was OK with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X