UA Intra-Asia ICN-NRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA Intra-Asia ICN-NRT

I was browing KE,OZ,NW,JL,NH,UA websites to search for the lowest fare and UA was the one. To my surprise, My companion and I both got op-up on both ways which was very generous of UA. I hate SQ now

On my way to ICN, the railway track you see is AREX which may be the worst airport train in the world since it only runs between ICN and GMP at 120km/hour.

Two duty free giants side by side.

As you probably know, Concourse A was built to accomodate foreign carriers however for some reason, UA881 that day departed from main terminal.

Welcome drink and a passport wallet with SIA logo (free stuff given as an apology for inop krisworld). OZ passport wallet is really good though which I carry all the time nowaday.

Legroom, more than enough for me.

Our OZ 772 neighbour.

UA881 bound for Narita being pushed back to make way to 15R for depature.

Not a regular visior shown in this pic, China Airlines A343 from Taipei.

ICN may be the only far east asian airport to get IL96 of Aeroflot. It's too bad that as of this year's october, Aeroflot will phase out IL96 from its operation.

Korean Air 744 and control tower.

Interesting carrier, SkyStar from Thailand. These two 762 have been parking at these ramps for months ever since civil protest in Thailand.

ANA A320 from NRT landed on new RWY34/16.

Bluesky, I believe Mahan Air of Iran and another company set up this Bluesky but US government froze their assets making these two beautiful 744 unable to fly.

Korean Air Maintenance.

ICN Cargo Ramp .

Heading East Sea of Korea.

Beautiful weather. Love that PW logo on engine.

Snack service.

airshow, showing flight getting nearer to NRT.

On final RWY16L.

Reverser on.

NRT must be heaven for airplane spotters.

More planes.
    Last edited by lee_apromise; 6 February 2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Detroit or Tokyo?

I think that is KE001 bound for LAX.

Parked next to KE 772.

For those who take Narita Express (NEX), buy NEX & Suica fare. You pay 3500 yen. 500 yen is refundable deposit and you can take NEX for wooping price at 1500 yen with specially designed Suica card that has 2000 yen in it. Suica can be used for taking subway, bus, vending machine, some restaurants.

On NEX, I bought some snacks using Suica.
      [IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/lee_apromise
      /DSC00296.jpg[/IMG]

Some travelling I did around Kanagawa prefecture. Fuji mountain seen from Romance Train (Odakyu Line) bound for Shinjuku from Odawara.

Sansoji at Asakusa.

My fortune of this year. The meaning was good but I didn't feel good about it.

Comment

Last day in Japan, I felt like I needed to finish off with sashimi

Never get tired of raw tuna.

Odawara Station to Narita Airport Terminal 1 Station by Shinkansen & NEX.
        This train (Shinkansen 300) Super Express Kodama is bound for Nagoya.

My ride to Tokyo Station was also Shinkansen 300 Super Express Kodama.

Legroom. On par with E+ on UA??

Whoever visits NRT on *A carrier, go to UA RCC to get H2O amenity kit and eat udon at ANA Lounge. Fauchon is also given in C longe.

Legroom.
        [IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/lee_apromise
        /DSC00542.jpg[/IMG]

Fortunately, on this day, the headwin was not as strong as it should be. It resulted in flight time reduced by 40 minutes.

Ex-NRT snack service seems to be better than ex-ICN.

Comment

I never drank Gingerale until this day, now I cannot live without it.

Crossing Korean Strait.

Oh~! Governor Arnold Schwarznegger (Did I spell right?) in the cockpit.

Overall, UA was a nice experience but cabin crew service standard was way too low. It was practically impossible to compare to SQ. I asked for a pen and the reply was "I don't have any".

Well, I got opup on both ways, nothing to complain

Thanks for watching my TR.

Comment

Congrats on getting opup to C.
            I keep hear that ICN-NRT is relatively easy route to get opup.

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Food on those short flights is faaaaaar better than on the short UA SYD-MEL vv, where you just get a mini bag of pretzels (in F or C too).

Comment

Working...
              X