A year end treat... KUL/LGK/KUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year end treat... KUL/LGK/KUL

The journey starts at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah (Subang, SZB) airport. Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, primarily serves general aviation and some turboprop domestic flights. Although plans existed to convert the airport into a low-cost carrier hub, the change was opposed by Subang Jaya residents. Until the 1998 opening of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport served as Kuala Lumpur’s primary airport. Subang Airport is currently the hub for Berjaya Air and Firefly.

Flight FY2048 to Langkawi was the one, and soon it was the all too familiar Fokker 50 on the tarmac.

I have a soft spot for small turboprop aircrafts!

We finally arrived at our destination - Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, after a short 20 minute ride from the airport. The driver mistakenly drove into the service entrance and we were greeted with grins and funny stares as he made an awkward 3-point turn toward the lobby.

A blend of Moorish and contemporary architecture (with the limited knowledge that I have), the Four Seasons Resort Langkawi is indeed a charming one.

Impeccable service, together with splendid landscaping and attention to detail make this place truly second to none.

Imagine not having someone to lay towels on your deck chair on the beach, or having to move it to adjust to the direction of the sun, cold face towels scented with lemongrass every other hour, bottled water automatically appears when yours is running low - the little things that matter, yet goes unnoticed in many establishments.

Having a choice of breakfast either in the restaurant or at the villa, we had a try at both.

Friendly reminders that food should not be left unattended outside due to squirrels and birds which have taken a liking to human food was apt.

The food was good - but not great, perhaps due to expectations set high. But hey, with breakfast priced at RM 120 per person, and room rates starting from RM 1,700 per night - what would you expect?

Excellent selection of both, old and new world wines.

Prompt but unobtrusive, understated elegance and charm.

Needless to say it was a relaxing and very enjoyable stay…

Would I go back? Sure… If I were to be hosted again...
Working...
X