A summer break in Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A summer break in Bali

As I mentioned in the previous thread, I went to Bali for a short break on Cathay Pacific Airways (aka Traitors Air ). Stayed at the Ramada Resorts Benoa, which is located just at the tip of Tanjong Benoa.

The HKG-DPS flight was on A330, with the regional Business Class, so, I didn't bother to upgrade it. Flight was full at the back of the bus, with lots of Korean as well as gweilos tourists (the ang mohs...). It was a pretty uneventful flight, watched "Zodiac" which is actually still not screened at the local cinemas in HKG . Oh...Cathay no longer serves hot towels and menu card for regional flights on Y . Well, at least SQ does so for the shorter flights to SIN.

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
    As I mentioned in the previous thread, I went to Bali for a short break on Cathay Pacific Airways (aka Traitors Air ). Stayed at the Ramada Resorts Benoa, which is located just at the tip of Tanjong Benoa.

The HKG-DPS flight was on A330, with the regional Business Class, so, I didn't bother to upgrade it. Flight was full at the back of the bus, with lots of Korean as well as gweilos tourists (the ang mohs...). It was a pretty uneventful flight, watched "Zodiac" which is actually still not screened at the local cinemas in HKG . Oh...Cathay no longer serves hot towels and menu card for regional flights on Y . Well, at least SQ does so for the shorter flights to SIN.
    Traitor Air not serving hot towels even to a flight to DPS? SQ still serve hot towels on their BKK sectors. No menu card too? SQ has them on flights from SIN-HKG. Traitor Air better upgrade their IFE to AVOD or else they are losing out...

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
      Traitor Air not serving hot towels even to a flight to DPS? SQ still serve hot towels on their BKK sectors. No menu card too? SQ has them on flights from SIN-HKG. Traitor Air better upgrade their IFE to AVOD or else they are losing out...
      Yup...no towels served even on medium haul MEL-HKG (9++ hrs) as I recalled when I took Y on the return leg.

Comment

The hotel is very ideal for ppl wanting to have a quiet and undisturbed holiday. The Tao restaurant is located just across the street, facing the ocean. The restaurant itself is pretty good, serving western food for lunch and fusion style for dinner. Me and my girlfriend had a dinner and lunch there.

Here's some photos of the hotel:
        The entrance

View from the lobby

The lobby

Restaurant

Pathway to the pool and rooms

The beach
        Last edited by YK@HKG; 25 June 2007, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Yup...no towels served even on medium haul MEL-HKG (9++ hrs) as I recalled when I took Y on the return leg.
          Traitor Air trying to cut costs? o_O, interesting, not during an economic boom. It doesn't cost much to distribute hot towels on every flight, considering parent company Swire is a big and profitable company.

Comment

Looks nice.

Comment

More pics from Bali....

For those who's interested in having wedding vows taken in Bali, here are some nice wedding pavillions.

Infinity at Conrad

Tresna at Ritz Carlton

Astina at Ritz Carlton

Nice Views from Ritz Carlton Hotel

Sunset at Jimbaran

Comment

Ah what great pics, YK@HKG. You rekindle my missing Bali. Note to self: get thee to Bali!
                For those who's interested in having wedding vows taken in Bali, here are some nice wedding pavillions.
                Sooo ... were you on a reconnaisance mission?
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Sooo ... were you on a reconnaisance mission?
                  Sorry for my poor English....what does reconnaisance means?

Well, keeping my fingers crossed....I am secretly hoping for a wedding in Bali next year One of my friend held her's at the Ritz Carlton...and I was totally amazed when I was surveying the place....

The weather was very good as well....with clear blue skies for most of my days there. I think it rained only once during my 5 days stay in Bali last week.

Comment

Sorry for my poor English....what does reconnaisance means?

Well, keeping my fingers crossed....I am secretly hoping for a wedding in Bali next year One of my friend held her's at the Ritz Carlton...and I was totally amazed when I was surveying the place....
                    Looks like you were on such a mission. Reconnaisance = advanced intelligence gathering so you can anticipate factors that would influence the outcomes of an important upcoming event -- i.e., your own wedding.

Congratulations!
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Soon enough, it was time for the return trip back to HKG. It will be on a B744...I think the registration no is B-HUG. Already did an OLCI and secured 33G (the mini Y-cabin at the wing). Flight turned out to be full and overbooked with lots of Korean middle-aged women tourists Some gweilos and Indonesians too...so...I was op-uped to Business Class . Requested an upper-deck seat and fulfilled. On second thought, since this was a two-class service, I could have asked them for a front-cabin seat (First Class set but Business Class service). Sigh...next time perhaps Oh...since I was op-uped...no Lounge access as well ...and I forgot to bring my KF Gold...grrr...so...ended up doing nothing for 1.5 hrs except for window shopping at the Ngurah Rai Airport.

My blue-colored ticket...hehe...

Here's the pic of the bird

Seat

Upper-Deck cabin

Needless to say, the service was as top notch as usual...this being my third experience on CX 'J'. Champagnes was free-flowing and I actually felt full after the entire meal service was completed

Watched "200 Pounds Beauty" (a Korean show) and "Wild Hogs" on the IFE....and soon enough, it was arrival time at the HKIA.

Overall, a very nice and pleasant holiday, topped up with a surprising op-up on CX. Looks like CX will still have my business for the time being
                      Last edited by YK@HKG; 25 June 2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Looks like you were on such a mission. Reconnaisance = advanced intelligence gathering so you can anticipate factors that would influence the outcomes of an important upcoming event -- i.e., your own wedding.

Congratulations!

Not yet...hehe....

Comment

YK@HKG - nice pics of Bali...oooh Everyone raves about Bali. SQTalkers who have been there as well ...Now, I am having the same sentiment as jjpb3. Need to get my *ss over there.

Bali Do next year, ahem ahem...

I see you in Traitor colours..Traitor traitor, he he he he

Comment

Thanks for the report, YK@HKG.

Beautiful Bali! Definitely somewhere I've been dying to visit for a long time but somehow never gotten around to it. Hopefully that'd soon change.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              Thanks for the report, YK@HKG.

Beautiful Bali! Definitely somewhere I've been dying to visit for a long time but somehow never gotten around to it. Hopefully that'd soon change.
                              Thanks...that will encourage me to do more TRs...
                              Indeed...it's my 3rd Bali trip...twice in 2 years...and still couldn't get enough of it...esp with the exotic Resorts (like the Bulgari) opening up for business.

Comment

Working...
                              X