Cheap summer deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap summer deals

I am planning on visiting Singapore next year (July 2012) for the first time and wanted to travel with Singapore Airlines. At the moment the cheapest flight I can find is just under £800. I was wondering if anyone could advise whether this is the cheapest it is going to get or whether Singapore Airlines often release any new year deals which might bring the price down a bit?

If this is the cheapest then I don't want to miss out! Any tips warmly welcome!
    Last edited by dancer100; 15 December 2011, 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling mistake in title

Welcome to SQTalk, dancer100.

It is difficult to say whether flights will become cheaper as it depends on numerous things such as how many seats are already sold etc, but it would help if you could advise where you will be flying from.

Comment

Originally posted by dancer100 View Post
      I am planning on visiting Singapore next year (July 2012) for the first time and wanted to travel with Singapore Airlines. At the moment the cheapest flight I can find is just under £800. I was wondering if anyone could advise whether this is the cheapest it is going to get or whether Singapore Airlines often release any new year deals which might bring the price down a bit?

Just wanna ask, do you mind telling where will be your departure point?

Comment

Since he quoted the price in GBP, I would gamble that dancer100 flying from either LHR or MAN. Any bets?? (Since the *A or 1W bet died prematurely before it could get warm).

Comment

There is very often a spring fare sale which brings things down to the £500-650 range. It's desperate times so if I were a betting man I'd wait.

Etihad has a sale at the moment - some great deals in business class to KUL.

Comment

I am indeed traveling from London Heathrow. £500-£650 as a spring deal sounds better although I am aware I am traveling in peak time (hopefully July 11th)... Thanks for all the feedback though, I may keep an eye out until the new year and see if the prices shift at all

Comment

If they're going to have any summer sales it probably would be launched around Jan-Feb next year I'd imagine. Perhaps you could wait till then

Comment

IIRC in Jan 2011, there were promotional fares on "super saver" for 555 pounds and "flexi saver (W)" for 695 pounds. However, that was prior to the APD and fuel surcharge increment, so I doubt it is going to get as low as that for 2012 though.

Comment

better book now.

Comment

flying monkeyz - why?

Comment

Originally posted by dancer100 View Post

Actually if you are flying after 15 June 800 pounds is considered a cheap fare. In 8 years of summer flying (in Y) SQ between the UK to Singapore, I've yet to see a fare about the 600 pound range after 15 June every year.

Anyway, I would recommend checking with Lee's Travel - www.leestravel.com . If there's a cheap fare Lee's Travel will have it.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                        flying monkeyz - why?
                        airfares rarely go down... they just get more expensive as flights start to fill up. That's my take.

Comment

Last year I booked a return W-class fare out of LHR on 28Jun for 710 pounds.

I wanted to depart on 01Jul but W-class fares were only available until 30Jun, but then SQ starting selling them for 700ish pounds starting from late May.

Not saying that last year's scenario will be in any way correlated with this year's pricing.

Comment

The sale just landed in my inbox. £685 to SIN.

Terms and Conditions of Sale:
                            Sale Period Ends 28 February 2012
                            Cabin Class Economy Class
                            Minimum Passenger(s) 1
                            Minimum / Maximum Stay No minimum stay / 3 Months
                            Outbound Flights No flight restrictions
                            Inbound Flights No flight restrictions
                            Outbound Travel Period 16 January 2012 to 06 December 2012* Cancellation Fee 100%
                            Change Fee No Changes Applicable

Comment

Working...
                            X