No announcement yet.

If you could effect change in SQ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once I was on CX 1st row Y class from HKG to PEK, the guy next to me was a Diamond CX Marco Polo status sitting in Y but he was served a business class meal, with table cloth & all the J class silver ware.

What CX philosophy is since many F & J class meals are going to be thrown away after arrival of each destination, why don't just utilize it ... & the another reason he told me that as CX is treating their top tier flyers very well, monthly luxury dinner gathering, Flight SIM visit, etc...what had SQ offer to me so far...?

I realized SQ made vary hard on the operational upgrade & trying to make its F & J cabin quite, but can't they serve the F / J meals to PPS sitting in Y...? & even recently they stop allowing Solitarie like myself to sit in the next higher cabin when the plane start descending, the last time I was offering this was way back before 2006...
    Last edited by SQTalker; 6 February 2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emperorsr View Post
      ...what would you do?

I had an interesting chat with SQ management. Among other things, we talked about the recent 'enhancements' to the FFP, the reduction in inflight services, escalating prices etc.

I have been asked to send in a consolidated document of the various things that frequent fliers here are concerned with and feel could help SQ improve. This document will be forwarded to various department heads, and an informal forum may be scheduled in Singapore to discuss the points further. So if you happen to be around in the country then, well....

Basically, this is an opportunity to quite possibly have any gripes you may have about the airline be acted on in a real way.

SQ has assured me that they would rather act now than have any potential bombs blow up in their faces. They are particularly interested in hearing from premium cabin fliers and corporate travelers. If you intend to change your travel patterns and loyalty because of the recent developments in SQ, that too would be very useful info.

If you have anything you would like to say, you can PM me, msg to be addressed to SQ, and fire away. If you can include your name and email (they may contact you or invite you to feedback gatherings), that would be great.
      So.... going back to the original topic... emperorsr, did you effect any change in SQ?
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
        I realized SQ made vary hard on the operational upgrade & trying to make its F & J cabin quite, but can't they serve the F / J meals to PPS sitting in Y...? & even recently they stop allowing Solitarie like myself to sit in the next higher cabin when the plane start descending, the last time I was offering this was way back before 2006...
        I wouldn't recommend those changes as it becomes a matter of consistency: Sometimes they can do it and sometimes they cannot - people will always suspect that cabin crew is having it when they ran out of meals... No good...

Easier access to upgrades for PPS would be a better solution - no freebies needed but just some movement on SQ's side to show that they value our business.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
          So.... going back to the original topic... emperorsr, did you effect any change in SQ?
          Very good question.

I am under the impression that SQ is not listening:

Suggested to have ONE number for PPS to make bookings and redemptions - it is still two numbers and only one is printed on the PPS card. Easy fix and they promised to look into it, no follow-up though... Other airlines don't have a problem with offering one point of contact...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            I am under the impression that SQ is not listening:
            Another hypothesis is that there really was no channel to SQ to start with, at least not through the OP.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

But I figure there are some SQ spies anyway, reading through the forums here ...as far as this goes, I don't think our answers would be wasted. =)
              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
                But I figure there are some SQ spies anyway, reading through the forums here ...as far as this goes, I don't think our answers would be wasted. =)
                Of course they read and listen! They were certainly not slow in ensuring that F redemptions who were 'upgraded' to R class were not allowed into the TPR.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Another hypothesis is that there really was no channel to SQ to start with, at least not through the OP.
                  BINGO!! Nail hit on the head after 35 posts

Originally posted by flo View Post
                  The spies after reading, must be scrambling to find out who that person is...
                  Not quite their modus operandi to do something suggested by the OP.

Comment

I think I decided to go for another FFP.

I dont need to get Value anymore for SQ anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                      I think I decided to go for another FFP.

I dont need to get Value anymore for SQ anyway.
                      I gather from your posts that you are always in premium class of SQ? No?
                      Anyhow when you are on SQ C or F you will still keep your PPSV and credit the miles to another FFP. It's called double dipping. Or perhaps we have not understood about your flying pattern and FFP.

Comment

I am Lpp in sq already before they did the value thing i have hit around 1100 flight sectors.

I just want a different FFP but I dont know which 1 to go to. Asia basically I fly SQ north america UA.

And I do intend to fly alot to europe from america probably I take UA to. I might go with mileage plus.

I use to fly to New york first before I go to europe just to take SQ.

But now since SQ planes to the US are all 744 nothing new I might just take and try other airlines for the fun of it.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                          Another week and no answer... What was this exercise good for?

Comment

For me, as a US based flyer, the biggest disappointment with the whole SQ experience is the call centre in India. I have found them extremely frustrating (long hold times - even in the PPS / First Class queue), the language barrier is difficult, and often they can not provide me with correct information. Heck, even UA which also uses Indian and Philippine call centers routes all 1K calls to their sole US reservations center.

my two cents

Comment

But see UA planes sucks though.

Dont know bout the new Fs and Js but domestic gosh its horrible...

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                                But see UA planes sucks though.

Dont know bout the new Fs and Js but domestic gosh its horrible...
                                I am confused. I thought in one of your post you have never flown any domestic flight in the US. I recalled you said you flew to NYC (from LAX) by way of Singapore.

Comment

Working...
                                X