No First Cls Redemption to LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No First Cls Redemption to LAX

I'm trying to book a redemption ticket on First Class to LAX on SQ 11/12. My outbound flight to LAX in August seems to be fine, but for my returning flight in December, nothing seems to be available and I am put on Business Class instead. Is this a sign that the A380 is flying to LAX before the end of year?

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
    I'm trying to book a redemption ticket on First Class to LAX on SQ 11/12. My outbound flight to LAX in August seems to be fine, but for my returning flight in December, nothing seems to be available and I am put on Business Class instead. Is this a sign that the A380 is flying to LAX before the end of year?
    Were you charged double miles for business?

Comment

I secured 2 redemption F seats on SQ12/11 for Dec 2008.
      Equipment still showed up as 744.
      I think the redemption F is just full on the days you want.

Comment

Hmmph... i think you are right. I tried again and everything starts to show up again. Thanks anyway. Btw, when are you flying in Dec?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          I secured 2 redemption F seats on SQ12/11 for Dec 2008.
          Equipment still showed up as 744.
          Are you using KF miles? And does SQ allocate 2 redemption F seats on these flights? I was trying to use LH miles for 2 F seats on SQ1/2 for SFO, but while the agent was able to find plenty of dates with 1 F and 2 J redemption seats, she couldn't find any flights with 2 F seats over a 3-month period.

Comment

It seems like for redemption First Class from KrisFlyer, the inventory is 2 seats per flight.
            For First Class redemption from partner airlines' FFP, the inventory is 1 seat per flight.

I used my KF miles.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              It seems like for redemption First Class from KrisFlyer, the inventory is 2 seats per flight.
              For First Class redemption from partner airlines' FFP, the inventory is 1 seat per flight.

I used my KF miles.
              Thanks - I was thinking that must be the case.

I forgot to mention earlier that, for the same SQ flights in the same period, I had first tried using my UA miles but had no success whatsoever. Also, last month, I redeemed 2 SQ J tickets intra-Asia using LH miles with no problem, but again with no success using UA miles.

I recall reading something on flyertalk several months ago about how UA doesn't make available SQ redemption seats using UA MP miles. My experience has proved that to be true. Does anyone know if that's true in general, or only on certain routes/class of service?

The only good thing about redeeming UA miles is no fuel surcharge, but if the seats are not available to begin with, their miles are useless (on SQ at least, not sure about on their other *A partners) and I'll gladly pay whatever fuel surcharges LH imposes on redemption seats!

Comment

Working...
              X