Security check when leaving the plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
    If I remember correctly possession of drugs in Singapore will land you in trouble, transit or not.
    Possession of drugs in Singapore is a severe offence, you can be sentenced to death by hanging. No appeals, no bargaining. Do not mess with the Singapore government! The law is strict here.

Comment

I've also been checked coming in from Indonesia.

Slightly off-topic but coming into FRA recently, we had a 'security check' by dog. i.e. a great big German Shepherd who was encouraged to check every passenger as we were filed passed one by one. I love dogs but I would imagine that some people could be very put off by the huge size of the dog, must have been at least 30kg or more, and the 'nuzzling' the German Shepherd had for various body parts...

Comment

I was told by a security officer the last time I return home from BKK that all flights from BKK will be checked. Why I'm not so sure, but as for MNL, I got only checked around 50% of the time?
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
          from what i hear (and hence the absolute credibility of this ), security checks on arrival are not in SQ hands but are fronted by CAAS based on intelligence received, which also determines some originating airports and not others. If you look at the list so far - BKK, MNL, CGK - its not very surprising, is it. And rather than to look at it as not neighbourly, it may suggest cooperation among the police agencies involved.
          If CAAS fronts this, why is it when you fly with carriers like PR, you get to exit more quickly and avoid the arrival screening?

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
            I was told by a security officer the last time I return home from BKK that all flights from BKK will be checked. Why I'm not so sure, but as for MNL, I got only checked around 50% of the time?
            Just landed on SQ979 BKK-SIN. My flight was not checked upon arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
              Never seen this done anywhere else in the world.I recall my last Singapore Trip I did way back in 2006 So Close to Three Years Ago Now Coming up on the Qantas QF9 from Melbourne and never got a Security Check on leaving the Plane
              It always happens at DXB !!

Comment

Are these checks almost always happening or fairly sporadic? I didn't have these checks when taking PR to SIN but did once when taking SQ. Why is it with PR that they don't conduct it?

I read in the website of HSA that medicine not containing controlled substances need not be declared yet the bearer must bring sufficient documentation that it is necessary for the well-being (e.g. prescription). If in the alien's homecountry the medicine doesn't require prescription, do you still need to get 1 from your doctor to satisfy customs?

I disagree that MNL checks areren't thorough enough. Among countries in the region, the Philippines is the only country I know where you are screened twice, a) when you enter the terminal and b) after you clear passport control.
                Last edited by hybridace101; 18 April 2010, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Arrival screening

Today i saw that all passanger arriving on TG403, must go through arrival screening. Why so?

I thiink flight from BKK and CGK on certain airlines frequently got screnned. As far as I remember I got screened arriving from BKK on TG (but never if I flew with CX) and CGK with LH, this is within this year. My frined also got screened when he arrived on TG.

I never been screened when I flew back from TPE.

Seems only certain destination got screened?
                  visit my blog

Comment

I did not get screened when I flew back on TG409 last week.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8196

Comment

Let me bump up this threat. Sorry for starting new one.

If BKK is "dangerous" why not ALL incoming flight fom BKK got acreened. Small chat with agent he said only TG flighted got screen caused I told him I didnot get screened when arriving on CX (from BKK). He said not even AirAsia or Jetstar.

Quite puzzle..... The queue was dam long. Because of that I was waiting outside and got pagged and also got called as I am the last pax. My bag was almost got offloaded
                        visit my blog

Comment

It's a PITA for sure, and I am not sure how much value or 'security' it really adds. Either BKK, CGK, DPS, MNL etc are safe or they are not. If it's the latter then they should be screening every flight from there.

Unfortunately many things that go under the banner of 'airport security' these days are nothing more that a token gesture so as to be seen to be doing something, regardless of the whether it is necessary or adds value.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                            Small chat with agent he said only TG flighted got screen caused I told him I didnot get screened when arriving on CX (from BKK). He said not even AirAsia or Jetstar.
                            TG might be the flavour of the month and their additionally screening TG flights for the month of March?

As my last flight from BKKSIN (in January) was screened upon arrival, which in itself was a PITA experience having arrived at gate A20, get screened and then trundle off down to duty free to pick up oxygen sticks and then have to return to A20 for my flight to BNE...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                              TG might be the flavour of the month and their additionally screening TG flights for the month of March?

As my last flight from BKKSIN (in January) was screened upon arrival, which in itself was a PITA experience having arrived at gate A20, get screened and then trundle off down to duty free to pick up oxygen sticks and then have to return to A20 for my flight to BNE...
                              In my experience it's always been random. In a span of 4 days, all three of my AK, MH and SQ flights were checked.

I don't know what they're after to be honest. If they're looking for drugs isn't that customs' responsibility?

Comment

I've had these checks on flights out of CGK, BOM, JFK/FRA, BKK (2x on TG), HKT and DPS in recent months.
                                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X