No announcement yet.

How many DSLR users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own a 50D with 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 70-200 f/4L IS.. Make a great light setup to travel with .

Comment

• I need to use my GF1 more and sell my Nikon...

From Thom Hogan's site:

An analysis of the EXIF and survey data from the dating site OkCupid has found a few interesting things about how prospective date pictures are perceived. The statistic that keeps getting reported on the rest of the Web is that iPhone users get more sex than Android users (who wants to have sex with an Android? Oh, right, fetishes).

What isn't being reported as much is that the brand of camera you use has an impact on how you look in your pictures. Survey says, use a Panasonic GF1 or GH1. Next best choice, a Leica point and shoot. Followed by Canon DSLRs, Pentax DSLRs, and finally Nikon DSLRs (Sony DSLR users fell behind the Nikon users).

Comment

• I use Nikon D90 with the MB-D80 grip along with:

AF-S VR Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
        AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
        AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G

Speedlight SB-600

I'm currently trying to get rid of my D90 + MB-D80 in order to get the D300s
        Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• testing out a new prezi showing some of my photos. I can't embed it has HTML code doesn't appear to be allowed in posts... would be curious in your thoughts.

It's quite a refreshing change to powerpoint frankly.

http://prezi.com/dxamuyadxmlv/the-portfolio-haf-saba/
          blog

Comment

• don't know, interesting but looks like a photobucket / flickr thing with added graphics

your lovely pics were the juice for me as usual

nice website as well you got there (I like the domain name)

Comment

• Thanks N_Architect! That website is where i sell my photos (mostly from weddings) - incredibly useful for semi-pro or amateur enthusiasts. You have full control over what you do and you can even set your own pricing. The quality of the prints is just outstanding. my whole apt is littered with huge prints from there.
              blog

Comment

• From here -

Leica, a brand synonymous with exquisite photographic equipment, has opened its first concept store in Singapore. It is also the first Leica concept store in South-east Asia.

Situated along North Bridge Road, the Leica Store @ Raffles Hotel Arcade takes up 1,000 square feet and features the entire range of Leica cameras and sport optics. A portion of the store space is dedicated to a gallery showcasing the works of local and internationally acclaimed photographers. In addition, a "Leica Story" wall takes visitors on a journey through the company's 85-year history.

To mark the opening of the store, Leica unveiled the Leica D-Lux 5 ($1,480, with leather case), the V-Lux 2 ($1,330), the black X-1 ($3,180) and the limited-edition M9 "Titanium" ($38,800).

The Leica V-Lux 2 is available starting today. The D-Lux 5 and the black X-1 will be available at the end of the month, while the M9 "Titanium" is targeted for year-end release.
                Unfortunately, not in time for SUB next weekend

Comment

• Looks like someone has caught a red dot bug and is so excited he posted in the wrong thread..

Shouldn't it be this thread....http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9423

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Looks like someone has caught a red dot bug and is so excited he posted in the wrong thread..

Shouldn't it be this thread....http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9423
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Looks like someone has caught a red dot bug and is so excited he posted in the wrong thread..

Whilst true, the announcement could be just as relevant for DSLR users... the bolding, of course, was mine... but I was quoting the article!!

Let's not forget they have a beast of the S2 (which IS a DSLR) for sale) there...

Comment

• Oh, Thailand, how I love thee....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hafid/s...21221133/show/

blog

Comment

• Originally posted by haf View Post
                          Wow, this is a really inspirational photo. I've always wanted to capture the scene of sunset with that wonderful color!
                          Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• Very nice, haf, as usual.

Comment

• Nikon D40 user here, with a Nikkor AFS 18-55mm Nikon lens, plus a Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di (upgraded to this from my Nikkor AF-S 55-200 lens for aircraft shots).

Very very pleased with the camera - light, easy to use and great battery life. With the Tamron bolted on to it, it's superb for airliner shots. Nothing better than a photography day up around LHR at the Rising Sun pub in Stanwell - cold beer, my camera gear, my HF scanner tuned to LHR tower to monitor ATC and aircraft are always good, followed by an afternoon/early evening session at Myrtle Avenue to catch SQ317 on finals!

Must get a Flickr account sorted and post some SQ A380 shots I took on my last photography trip up to LHR back in July!

Comment

• Originally posted by 747-412 View Post
                                Nothing better than a photography day up around LHR at the Rising Sun pub in Stanwell - cold beer, my camera gear, my HF scanner tuned to LHR tower to monitor ATC and aircraft are always good, followed by an afternoon/early evening session at Myrtle Avenue to catch SQ317 on finals!
                                Plane spotting! There you go, that's the spirit! You should go up to MAN and spot there beside Rwy 23L.. very nice views! Sadly, there are no spotter friendly airports near where I live..

Comment

Working...
                                X