Norwegian Long Haul to open up OSL-SIN route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian Long Haul to open up OSL-SIN route

http://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/De...o-609581b.html (only in Norwegian unfortunately)

Seems like DY is planning to start the OSL-SIN route sometime during or after summer 2017. The route will be done with a stopover with another city in Europe, however there was no mention of which city this will be.
    Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 26 November 2016, 01:25 AM. Reason: Added information
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Interesting. I read somewhere that SIN is the largest destination currently not served from OSL, so this flight will somewhat satisfy that demand. However I'm not so sure that a twice weekly, one stop service on a low cost carrier will draw many high value customers.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
      Interesting. I read somewhere that SIN is the largest destination currently not served from OSL, so this flight will somewhat satisfy that demand. However I'm not so sure that a twice weekly, one stop service on a low cost carrier will draw many high value customers.
      At one point in time the biggest bunch of expats in SIN were Norwegians, thanks to the then booming Oil & Gas sector... The biggest complain at that point in time was that there were no direct flights from Norway to SIN and many did their stopovers in CPH and AMS (thanks to KL/AF Petroleum Club benefits). With the downturn within the industry, I'm not sure how viable the route may be. In terms of holiday makers headed to Thailand, TG and DY already have daily directs from OSL to BKK and a few other charters doing a direct OSL-HKT run during the summer season.
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Agreed! Seems to be poorly timed. And with a mystery city stopover in SIN, TG will continue to be the carrier of choice for many Norwegians, who are more than familiar with their product by now.

Comment

I always dreamed that SQ would add a fifth freedom route via OSL, such as SIN-OSL-YYZ or SIN-OSL-IAD...

Comment

Working...
          X