No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNA hasn't flown since 29 April. In that time SQ 237/8 has reverted to the 2006 interior on most days. There's the possibility they may be turning it from 77WN to 77WR. This would be a first if it happens and would begin to free up 2013 Y seats to then transfer to a remaining 77W when it undergoes refurb.

SVC has now been on the ground since 23 April. Possibility it may be getting the same upgrade as SVB got.

SWI hasn't flown since 14 April. Looking pretty certain to be a 77WR when it takes to the skies again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      SNA hasn't flown since 29 April. In that time SQ 237/8 has reverted to the 2006 interior on most days. There's the possibility they may be turning it from 77WN to 77WR. This would be a first if it happens and would begin to free up 2013 Y seats to then transfer to a remaining 77W when it undergoes refurb.

SVC has now been on the ground since 23 April. Possibility it may be getting the same upgrade as SVB got.

SWI hasn't flown since 14 April. Looking pretty certain to be a 77WR when it takes to the skies again.
      All three (SNA, SWI, SNC) are still out of action. I can't think of a reason why SNA would need to be on the ground for so long other than cabin work. Do 2 year old 777s ever get heavy maintenance?

Comment

All three (SNA, SWI, SNC) are still out of action. I can't think of a reason why SNA would need to be on the ground for so long other than cabin work. Do 2 year old 777s ever get heavy maintenance?
        Don't think it is due for a C check so soon. Probably a 4 weeks B check due to a damaged components i guess

Comment

• After long periods of ground time, SWG is back with its old cabin, SVC is back in service but we will have to wait for a confirmation of transferred 2006 products from any SQTalkers who happen to fly on it. SNA is about to re-enter service- will be very interesting to see if it begins flying 77WR routes.

There are currently no 77W, 77WN, 773 or 772ER craft out of service with the exception of SYL which hasn't flown for about 8 days. What looked like a ramping up of refits seems to have stalled.

Comment

... SNA is about to re-enter service- will be very interesting to see if it begins flying 77WR routes...
            Yeah, ExpertFLyer told that SQ495 on 6 Jun which will be served by 9V-SNA (now serving SQ494) has a single row of F, so 9V-SNA is now like her sisters 9V-SNB and 9V-SNC.

So I will miss my next SQ2 to be flown by 9V-SNA, but will prolly see he on my return with SQ7

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
              Yeah, ExpertFLyer told that SQ495 on 6 Jun which will be served by 9V-SNA (now serving SQ494) has a single row of F, so 9V-SNA is now like her sisters 9V-SNB and 9V-SNC.

So I will miss my next SQ2 to be flown by 9V-SNA, but will prolly see he on my return with SQ7
              To be honest I would be happy to see all B77WNs to become B77WRs, having no premium economy on SQ2 means SYD passengers who wish to go to Hong Kong cannot enjoy Premium Economy on the way back, which is really inconvenient and cannot compete with Cathay Pacific.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                To be honest I would be happy to see all B77WNs to become B77WRs, having no premium economy on SQ2 means SYD passengers who wish to go to Hong Kong cannot enjoy Premium Economy on the way back, which is really inconvenient and cannot compete with Cathay Pacific.
                Or, given the perpetual upheaval of the plane refits and maintenance, they could update the booking system to allow for different fare classes on connecting flights......though not sure if this is normal, nor if it works out properly in the legal and other bits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                  There is a chance that maybe SQ2/1 might go 77WR as well. We do not know when but if this is the pattern it would definitely be better than putting a 2006 77W back on that route.

Comment

• According to the website, SQ 806/801 for PEK and SQ828/831 for PVG will be operated by 77WR from late this June. The PEY seat can be booked several days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by heninkk View Post
                      According to the website, SQ 806/801 for PEK and SQ828/831 for PVG will be operated by 77WR from late this June. The PEY seat can be booked several days ago.
                      Nice. EF shows another night HND (636/631) are 77WR. Having seen that HND is having a 77WR for well over a week, looks like it is permanent. Wow PEK and PVG next? It looks unannounced. The only routes left to see 3-class 77W/77WN are SYD (211/212), MEL (237/238), LHR (318/319 though that occasionally also gets a 77WR at times too), and PVG (836/825) and of course SQ2/1 (HKG/SFO).

Also keep in mind the 773 routes to PEK and PVG (redeye, 800/805 and 826/827) sometimes get a 77WR as well.

It looks like some shuffling of 77WN is taking place. It will only be a matter of time SQ2/1 get a 77WR, probably this winter or next year but it might be unannounced as well. I can't jump too much because it seems like lots of changes are taking place. Like I said when I flew back in January on SQ2, Y from SIN-HKG was about 50-60% full (Easily could be a 77WR but probably not an A380), but HKG-SFO was full. It was my observation when I went but we shall see what happens in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        Nice. EF shows another night HND (636/631) are 77WR. Having seen that HND is having a 77WR for well over a week, looks like it is permanent. Wow PEK and PVG next? It looks unannounced. The only routes left to see 3-class 77W/77WN are SYD (211/212), MEL (237/238), LHR (318/319 though that occasionally also gets a 77WR at times too), and PVG (836/825) and of course SQ2/1 (HKG/SFO).

Also keep in mind the 773 routes to PEK and PVG (redeye, 800/805 and 826/827) sometimes get a 77WR as well.

It looks like some shuffling of 77WN is taking place. It will only be a matter of time SQ2/1 get a 77WR, probably this winter or next year but it might be unannounced as well. I can't jump too much because it seems like lots of changes are taking place. Like I said when I flew back in January on SQ2, Y from SIN-HKG was about 50-60% full (Easily could be a 77WR but probably not an A380), but HKG-SFO was full. It was my observation when I went but we shall see what happens in the future.
                        SQ637/638 is still having the 3 class config am I right?

Comment

• I flew SQ 806 on May 31st this year. The aircraft changed to 773 instead of 77W at the last moment. The chief steward said there was something wrong with the one engine of 9V-SWR. However, 9v-swr just operated SQ800 which was just 8hrs behind my flight.

Comment

• Here's just a theory on why SWG & SWI may have been aborted:

We have 6 77W left: SWG I Q R S T

We had 6 77WN: SWU V W Y Z NA

Six 77WN with two rows of 2013 F, one of which is earmarked to be removed. Six 77W that need a row of 2013 F installed.

Just a thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                              SQ637/638 is still having the 3 class config am I right?
                              Yup, sorry I forgot to add. It does go 4-class sometimes. Same with MNL (Rotates between 773 and 77W).

Comment

Here's just a theory on why SWG & SWI may have been aborted:

We have 6 77W left: SWG I Q R S T

We had 6 77WN: SWU V W Y Z NA

Six 77WN with two rows of 2013 F, one of which is earmarked to be removed. Six 77W that need a row of 2013 F installed.

Just a thought!
                                Sounds highly possible SQ228. But now I don't think there's any 77W or 77WN at this time (to my knowledge) that's gone out of service for this.

Also, usually a complete refit (2006 product to 2013 product) will take at least 6-8 weeks but I wonder why it took the same time for SNA having already been fitted with the 2013 cabin, shouldn't it take like ~2-3 weeks like it did for SWJ and SWK back in Aug/Sep 2015? They are only removing some rows and removing a row of F.

Comment

Working...
                                X