This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Yes, SVG hasn't been out of action for longer than a day or so in the past 4 months, however:

SVB has flown to FCO on 10 & 19 February, 14, 18, 23 & 30 April and 12, 16 & 20 May.

SVG has flown to FCO on 10, 17 & 24 March, 11 & 28 April, and 2 May.

Between these two planes, an incredible number of flights to Rome have been covered! This suggests to me as though both planes could be carrying the 2006 Y product and they are specifically targeting FCO to receive it.

happyflyer's post on instagram is displaying to me as dated 2 May. If that is indeed the actual day of departure, SQ366 was flown on that day by 9V-SVG and that photo is definitely of a recently refitted 772ER.

Could it be that SVG was fitted out some time last year and none of us noticed?

You can't both be right or both be wrong, so where do we go from here?

Oh yea, sorry guys! The instagram account is not mine and I just came across it online some days ago.

I just took a look at the account again and from other posts, it does appear that the date of departure should be 30/Apr instead so indeed it's 9V-SVB. Sorry for the confusion, especially being my first post here.

However, on the other hand, I have a question (a bit OT though) as well:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BTmnSa9A3V7/
    Why does the size of main dish vary actually?

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
      Oh yea, sorry guys! The instagram account is not mine and I just came across it online some days ago.

I just took a look at the account again and from other posts, it does appear that the date of departure should be 30/Apr instead so indeed it's 9V-SVB. Sorry for the confusion, especially being my first post here.
      No worries! I was actually in J so the only give-away would have been the IFE. So indeed I was also doubting myself as I didn't take a walk to Y.

Oh well now let's just all hope for good news for SVC!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheeky View Post
        Just flew SYI on SQ 827 today and it has the refurb Y seats with updated VOD entertainment system. Definitely much better than the unrefurb SY* 773 I few a few months ago.
        SYI was the first one of the old 777s to be done

Comment

• Does anyone know what's going on with SVC?
          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
            Does anyone know what's going on with SVC?
            It's now been on the ground for a full month. Very unlikely that it is leaving the fleet as we've just had a fairly good indication in the annual media release that the three old purple cabins are the only 772s to go between now and the end of March 2018, although I guess there's the slimmest of possibilities they could keep SVF and remove SVC.

A cabin refit along the lines of SVB is one possible assumption. The other is just heavy maintenance work, which given its age is not unusual. Or both.

Comment

• SVL hasn't been active for three days according to FR24, is it just regular maintenance?
              Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                SVL hasn't been active for three days according to FR24, is it just regular maintenance?
                Probably. Three days doesn't tell us much.
                SWI, SNA & SVC are all still on the ground so there's really no chance they'll be doing anything major to a 777 like a cabin refit until at least one of them returns to service.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Probably. Three days doesn't tell us much.
                  SWI, SNA & SVC are all still on the ground so there's really no chance they'll be doing anything major to a 777 like a cabin refit until at least one of them returns to service.
                  SWI's due to return back to service on Friday following an air-test. Anyone knows the status about SVC given that SQ has recently refitted SVB? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                    SWI's due to return back to service on Friday following an air-test. Anyone knows the status about SVC given that SQ has recently refitted SVB? Thanks!
                    Seems like 9V-SWI hasn't departed on her test flight yet.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• 9V-SVC has flown to BOM but with no test flight. We won't really know what's happened with it until one of us flies in it and reports back.

Comment

• No news on SWI or SNA either......no sign of test flights or anything. The wait continues.....

In any case, SQ318 (usually a 77WN/77W-only route) has been getting a few swaps to 77WR......could be a full swap soon.

Comment

• Though it seems there are not quite enough 77WR. Have my SQ318 in early June go from 4 class to 3 class.

Comment

• Perhaps it will stay a hybrid 77WN/77WR route for now.....as a daily flight, it uses quite a number of airframes. My last SQ318 in early June 2016 was operated by an old 77W...fortunately i managed to snag SWU on SQ319 back in late June.

Comment

• 9V-SWI is scheduled to go out for an air-test tomorrow (27MAY17) as SQ8877.
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• It looks like it's off to NRT straight after tonight...

... in the old cabin configuration according to EF.

Comment

Working...
                                X