SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, hope someone is watching this site :
    The SQ App sucks. It occasionally crashes when when click to run it on my iPhone 6.
    And recently (after some update), the seat selection feature is no longer working. You can select the seat but you cannot "click" to confirm the change, so its basically useless.
    And there's no avenue to do any book the cook or meal selection on the app.
    Happy 51st Singapore ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
      OK, hope someone is watching this site :
      The SQ App sucks. It occasionally crashes when when click to run it on my iPhone 6.
      And recently (after some update), the seat selection feature is no longer working. You can select the seat but you cannot "click" to confirm the change, so its basically useless.
      And there's no avenue to do any book the cook or meal selection on the app.
      Happy 51st Singapore ...
      Yup iPhone app sucks. Interesting iPad app is good and ok but iPhone app crashes a lot and cause my phone to freeze for a few moments too. Have feedback to them and left feedback on App Store but still problematic.

Agreed that the features are limited but this can be due to technical limitation. Mobile and desktop are different so limited features I can accept and understand but app crashing is just bad poor programming !!!

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
        Agreed that the features are limited but this can be due to technical limitation. Mobile and desktop are different so limited features I can accept and understand but app crashing is just bad poor programming !!!
        Until a recent "update", I could easily make seat selection & changes on the App. Now, they forgot to put in the "Change" button to enable the user to go ahead with the seat selection.

It seems that its not just good or bad programming per se. Its like NOBODY internally in the organization actually use the App as to be able to "walk in the user's shoes". And there is no QC process to ensure that any App update is bug free.

I suspect that the App development is completely outsourced and its nobody's child.

Comment

Until a recent "update", I could easily make seat selection & changes on the App. Now, they forgot to put in the "Change" button to enable the user to go ahead with the seat selection.

It seems that its not just good or bad programming per se. Its like NOBODY internally in the organization actually use the App as to be able to "walk in the user's shoes". And there is no QC process to ensure that any App update is bug free.

I suspect that the App development is completely outsourced and its nobody's child.
          For the fun of it, I just logged into the iPhone app to try what you mentioned on one of my booking .... guess what - the app crashed

As for the Change button, it's not that it's not there it, its just that it takes so long for it to load that it sometimes seems it no there. After restarting and force closing the app 3 times I managed to go in and check my booking - the update button took a while to load. Sianzzzz

But on another note - iPad version seems stable though which is the one I use more often.

Comment

iPhone app works perfectly fine for me. No ability to do meal selection, but other than that, everything else works.

Comment

The Windows App disappeared years ago........but then, it was next to useless, beaten by even TG's App back then though I do have some issues with that.

Teh website itself is still causing me some problems, mostly with speed, but if I let it sit long enough I can prove to myself it hasn't crashed but sometimes it takes several minutes to come through.

Comment

I re-installed the SQ app but still, the problem with seat selection persisted.
                Oh well, I didn't have high hopes to begin with ...

Funny, how other apps such as Twitter, Instagram etc are stable and doesn't require frequent re-installation ...

Comment

Has anyone else been having problems making changes online?

I haven't been able to make a successful change despite using different browsers and clearing the cache, it always conks out at the last page. The website shows the updated booking but I can't amend it and always have to call in to ticket the booking - this happens regardless of class and whether travelling on commercial/redemption tix.
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I can make change via web online / iPad app / iPhone app. Albeit abit slow at time and iPhone crashes but when it works it works.

For me it the reliability consistency especially iPhone app others seem fine for me

Comment

When I do a multidestination booking, when wanting to change my date to previous week or more pressing Previous day or Forward makes it stuck in a bug not moving the calendar of my return date. This is when doing a dummy booking for SFO-TRV, MAA-SFO

Comment

I re-installed the SQ app but still, the problem with seat selection persisted.
                        I think I figured out the issue. If you tap "Manage Booking" from the home screen (bookings about two weeks away show up there, I believe), you will have this issue. At least, I did when I accessed my booking this way.

If you open up the menu (tap on the three horizontal bars on the top left corner of your screen), click on "My Trips" and manage your booking from there, you should be able to make changes without any issues (with the possible exception of the app crashing).

Hope that helps!

Comment

How on earth can they not get this website sorted? I have just booked some flights and it took forever with the slow website and poor search options. Payment failed first time around and worked without issue when I tried again.

The survey at the end got a good ear bashing!

PS: if anyone is on SQ51 12/07 & SQ245 13/07 drop by to say hello!

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            How on earth can they not get this website sorted? I have just booked some flights and it took forever with the slow website and poor search options. Payment failed first time around and worked without issue when I tried again.
                            I thought it was just me! I've watched that circle go around and around and around until I was dizzy recently.

Comment

There are inconsistencies between their website and iOS app. When I tried to redeem a seat on my iPad, it told me that the seat was on waitlist. But when I went onto the website to get the same flight, there, it wasn't on waitlist.

So if you don't get what you want ...

Comment

There seems to be a pretty major problem with the website at the moment for various destinations (and SQ are wondering why they are losing passengers?)

For example:
                                - Search for a flight from SYD to MXP all the way in Premium Economy (eg. SQ222 + SQ368)
                                - When you select the Premium Economy tab, only the flight from SYD-SIN shows in Premium and SIN-MXP shows in standard Economy (yet the flights do have Premium). The same on the return leg.

It's not date specific and also happens for other destinations with Premium Economy on both legs.

Anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Working...
                                X