X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
    Hi guys,

Has anyone sat in 15 D/F of the 77WRs? I understand that during the conversion to 4-class, a galley was removed and an extra pair of seats were added to the main J cabin. Now the bulkhead middle pair is much closer to the toilet and galley than before. Wondering if that'll be an issue. The bulkhead is preferable of course for the extra legroom, but sadly 11D/F is taken.
    I've typically been lucky to have row 11 so not much experience in row 15 of the 777wr but yes I do recall it's close to galley n toilet

Article below also does advise to avoid both row 14 and 15
    https://www.dmarge.com/2017/03/singa...ess-class.html

Comment

• SQ638 on 777-300ER

Hi everyone

has anyone flown SQ638 to NRT on the 777-300ER lately? I saw on my seatmap that it's a 1-2-1 configuration but i'm not sure if this is the new business class seat?

I have row 11 booked as well for our family but just wanted to check if i'm looking at the correct seat type/configuration.

Btw, I sat for the first time, the A350 to KL yesterday and i loved the plane Felt like a small kid in a candy store - plane is quite spacious and a lot of leg room for my long legs!

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbles View Post
        Hi everyone

has anyone flown SQ638 to NRT on the 777-300ER lately? I saw on my seatmap that it's a 1-2-1 configuration but i'm not sure if this is the new business class seat?

I have row 11 booked as well for our family but just wanted to check if i'm looking at the correct seat type/configuration.
        I can't advise about the layout of the J cabin because I only fly Y, however I do know all 777-300ER are 1-2-1, regardless of variant.

Checking recent flight records, it is currently not the new product, so it is classic 2006 standard 77W. However, depending on how far away the flight is, that could change as more refurbished 77Ws come out of the hangars- we had one emerge last week and another this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          I can't advise about the layout of the J cabin because I only fly Y, however I do know all 777-300ER are 1-2-1, regardless of variant.

Checking recent flight records, it is currently not the new product, so it is classic 2006 standard 77W. However, depending on how far away the flight is, that could change as more refurbished 77Ws come out of the hangars- we had one emerge last week and another this week.
          Thanks SQ228! My trip is only in mid-November .. hoping they would change it to a newer plane.

I sat on the 2006 J 2 weeks ago to Shanghai for a work trip, loved the spaciousness of the seat but it was showing quite a fair bit of wear and tear, the edges of the leather were all peeling off in several places. Nonetheless still an enjoyable flight.

Comment

Row 11 on any type of SQ 777-300ER will probably be the best seats in the business class cabin

Comment

• I am also flying SQ638 this November ! But from what I know SQ638 recently has been a 77W with the 2006 seats . Hopefully it changes !

Comment

• I'll be flying F on SQ638 in mid-Oct. At the current rate of churning out retrofits, hopefully the new products will be on this route by then. Keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
                  I'll be flying F on SQ638 in mid-Oct. At the current rate of churning out retrofits, hopefully the new products will be on this route by then. Keeping my fingers crossed
                  You've got a pretty good chance. Assuming SWI is undergoing refitting at present, there are now only 5 of the 2006 cabins left in service. Unless they suspend the process, which is unlikely with all the excess planes they have at present, one can't imagine there'd be any older cabins left by then. The only exception I can think of is if they decide to begin working on SWU-Z/SNA before finishing the last of the original batch.

Comment

• SQ638 is now A380! Just got the mail notification and i lost my bulkhead seat lol

Comment

SQ638 is now A380! Just got the mail notification and i lost my bulkhead seat lol
                      Too bad mine is in Oct and won't be getting the suites. Would seem like I'll be getting the old F too unless my waitlist on 636 clears

Comment

• Just booked 4 sectors on 4 different plane types and it's my first experience of J-cabins so I want to enjoy this before I have to go back to Y where I'm accustomed to!

I have complete choice on every flight with the exception of Row 11, which I wouldn't want anyway. I really don't like facing a wall and I prefer other people in front of me than behind me. (Yes, armchair psychologists, you can commence your analysis! ) I always book a window seat on the A side, not K.

Happy to get any quick feedback on these decisions:

A350: Definitely avoiding the rear section with the bassinets. Any experiences of 17A- does it feel tucked away in a corner or exposed to the galley? Would somewhere like 15A give me a better window aspect?

B77WR: Choosing between 14A or 17/18A. Is the mini-cabin generally quiet and would give me a 'back corner' feeling or is being next to the galley really annoying? Otherwise looking at 17 or 18A so the wing is behind me and I get a good view, unlike rows 19 or 21. Any experiences with a row that had a really perfect window alignment?

A380 (SKB-K variant): again, checking if 15A offers a secluded corner feel, or would a middle of large cabin row like 22A be quieter and lighter? I guess the smaller front cabin and tthe main section would be quite a different feel. Any information about window alignment would be good- always seems to be a row where you end up leaning forward or twisting back that I'd want to avoid.

A330: I'm thinking 16A- my back corner thing again, or does it not offer as good a recline or window? Could go 14 or 15A if that's the case.

Many thanks for any advice on my big move toward the front of the plane!

Comment

Just booked 4 sectors on 4 different plane types and it's my first experience of J-cabins so I want to enjoy this before I have to go back to Y where I'm accustomed to!

I have complete choice on every flight with the exception of Row 11, which I wouldn't want anyway. I really don't like facing a wall and I prefer other people in front of me than behind me. (Yes, armchair psychologists, you can commence your analysis! ) I always book a window seat on the A side, not K.

Happy to get any quick feedback on these decisions:

A350: Definitely avoiding the rear section with the bassinets. Any experiences of 17A- does it feel tucked away in a corner or exposed to the galley? Would somewhere like 15A give me a better window aspect?

B77WR: Choosing between 14A or 17/18A. Is the mini-cabin generally quiet and would give me a 'back corner' feeling or is being next to the galley really annoying? Otherwise looking at 17 or 18A so the wing is behind me and I get a good view, unlike rows 19 or 21. Any experiences with a row that had a really perfect window alignment?

A380 (SKB-K variant): again, checking if 15A offers a secluded corner feel, or would a middle of large cabin row like 22A be quieter and lighter? I guess the smaller front cabin and tthe main section would be quite a different feel. Any information about window alignment would be good- always seems to be a row where you end up leaning forward or twisting back that I'd want to avoid.

A330: I'm thinking 16A- my back corner thing again, or does it not offer as good a recline or window? Could go 14 or 15A if that's the case.

Many thanks for any advice on my big move toward the front of the plane!
                          Hi SQ228

Nice to know of your big move up front and really hope u have a great experience

For most parts I love row 11 bulkhead it's really different then back in Y when you have a wall closer to you but in J on the long haul config it is actually a good seat and recommended. I typically do get access to row 11 as PPS (yes even in J the block the first rows)

A350 - yes I dislike the back row too. I prefer middle seats away from the toilets and traffic so I'd recommend 15 or 16

B777WR - never really like row 14 as it felt tight but this is a personal opinion. I'd go for 16 or 17.

A380 - I like the bigger cabin a it really seems more spacious. So any seat between 18-24 is good.

A330 - pretty much all seats the same and window offerings (never noticed any difference) except I avoid the last row next to the loo

In general I tend to avoid the back rows just before the toilets due to the loo traffic and staff workng in the galley.

All the best and have a great trip

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                            Hi SQ228

Nice to know of your big move up front and really hope u have a great experience

For most parts I love row 11 bulkhead it's really different then back in Y when you have a wall closer to you but in J on the long haul config it is actually a good seat and recommended. I typically do get access to row 11 as PPS (yes even in J the block the first rows)

A350 - yes I dislike the back row too. I prefer middle seats away from the toilets and traffic so I'd recommend 15 or 16

B777WR - never really like row 14 as it felt tight but this is a personal opinion. I'd go for 16 or 17.

A380 - I like the bigger cabin a it really seems more spacious. So any seat between 18-24 is good.

A330 - pretty much all seats the same and window offerings (never noticed any difference) except I avoid the last row next to the loo

In general I tend to avoid the back rows just before the toilets due to the loo traffic and staff workng in the galley.

All the best and have a great trip
                            Thank you so much for your insights.

Comment

Interesting. Another vote of no-confidence for A350 row 19 (in a way). I thought this was supposed to be the cozier section

Comment

• Will be on PY on SQ26 & 25 next week.... any advice which seat is the best to choose

Comment

Working...
                                X