No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines A350 San Francisco Inaugural Trip Report October 23, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carfield Love the photos. Like your camera too.

Thanks for sharing. Seems like SQ has a better product than UA in all classes

Comment

Cheers for another great TR Carfield!
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thanks carfield for sharing!

I am glad that SQ is experimenting with the on-demand dining in J. While it looks very un-SQ in execution but I am sure it will get better over time.
        I am happy to see soup back in the J menu.

Comment

Great TR as usual Carfield!

The execution of meal service rather surprises me, but I am pretty sure this is related to being a new service, and am sure ot will be more efficient and structured with each flight.

Comment

Hi Carfield,

Thanks for the trip report. I was on the same flight in 15D.

I, too, found the meal service quite slow. For my first meal, I had the soup for the starter and also BTCed the Chicken Rice, plus I had the panna cotta for dessert.

In relation to the second meal, I had a starter (the duck breast antipasto) plus the main course (beef fillet) and fruit for dessert. The began the second meal service about 5 hours before landing -- not sure I like that timing but it will no longer be relevant if they go towards a true dine on demand service.

I agree they didn't really push the all day breakfast choices (not that I would choose it anyway).

Comment

Thanks again for the TR. I hope more to come for SQ31/32, especially SQ31 so my mom can get an idea. Lately, some days SQ31's arrival has been delayed. Honestly, I am worried on how tighter my mom's layover might be. I wouldn't want her to miss her connecting flight to TRV. I have had it worse in DXB, with a 1.5 hour layover before the flight to MAA, going from terminal to terminal barely got time for coffee and going to the gate only to find a small delay and a last minute gate change. Coming back was quite rushed, the 8 hour layover even via HKG still does better.

Comment

Thanks for the TR, Carfield. As always, very informative.
                I was on SQ32 SIN-SFO inaugural but have been swamped with work and other matters to post some pictures. Hope I can get to it soon.

Comment

My mom got a call from a family friend (One of our neighbors who lives about a block from us) stating that she and her daughter are flying SQ's new nonstop flight and trying to get the same date as my mom's traveling on the A350. They are flying to DEL (Which is good for them as layover timing is well spaced out, assuming they'll connect to a 2AM flight out of SIN), and my mom heading to TRV in about 2 hours (The day my mom reaches, her MI flight departs at 8:55PM instead of 8PM, like the flight me and my dad are taking).

My mom's glad to know she'll have some company than whining how bored she's going to be, given that SFO-SIN will be an all daylight flight. The only thing will be what row of seats will be blocked off for weight reasons, hoping she'll probably sit next to my mother. That part is beyond this conversation, but hope to see more TR's of this even if my decision still stands of taking the 77WN as long as it stays in SFO.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    The only thing will be what row of seats will be blocked off for weight reasons,
                    SQ does not block a specific row of seats on SQ31 in Y unless perhaps one pays for the preferred seat which have a higher probability of getting an empty seat next to them

Comment

Working...
                    X