Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uber, Gitane and SQ1 SFO-SIN in New Economy Class (77WN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    I hope we get the best of both worlds...faster speed, and the same time-based charging model on the 77WNs, and not the exorbitant data volume-based models on the current OnAir system.

I doubt anyone seriously thinks that a data volume-based model is viable. Time-based charging models are the way to go.

I certainly would not sign up for a data volume-based plan unless I was planning on using WhatsApp (text only, no images -- very economical on data usage) to keep in touch with someone on the ground.
    The article by SITAOnair tells me they will install the newer GX OnAir Wifi by the second half of this year (Presumably by March or April), and they will likely start with 77Ws currently without Wifi (Likely SWA, SWD, SWE, and SWF) and possibly 77WN. As for the 77WR, it sounds likely as well, though sources state they still kept the volume based OnAir system. Also, time-based sounds to also be on the new SN birds with PEY (SNB, SNC) with T-Mobile along with the 3D maps.

Hopefully we will know by people if the new OnAir wifi is time based.

Speaking of maps, only one of the 77WN confirmed by a poster here is SWZ, all other ones have the 2D map. I hope like the 77WR (with PEY), every plane will get 3D maps. The new cabin and newer maps just blend better.

Comment

Again I love your TR, especially of SQ1. BTW - In December, I am traveling to India with my family on SQ1 and while coming back I will be on SQ2, which both will be a 77WN with these new cabin products. Can't wait to try out Panasonic time based Wifi. I know of a few 77W with 3D maps, but I hope by the time I travel, all 77WN will have 3D map app.

However, my mom will be on the A359 while going. Other SFO sectors for all 3 of us, even if different dates will be on SQ2.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Again I love your TR, especially of SQ1. BTW - In December, I am traveling to India with my family on SQ1 and while coming back I will be on SQ2, which both will be a 77WN with these new cabin products. Can't wait to try out Panasonic time based Wifi. I know of a few 77W with 3D maps, but I hope by the time I travel, all 77WN will have 3D map app.

However, my mom will be on the A359 while going. Other SFO sectors for all 3 of us, even if different dates will be on SQ2.
        Thanks, SQfanatic! Sounds like you have a great trip coming up! Just flew SQ1 again recently as well...still one of my favourite SQ flights, whether in Y or J!

Comment

Thanks, SQfanatic! Sounds like you have a great trip coming up! Just flew SQ1 again recently as well...still one of my favourite SQ flights, whether in Y or J!
          No problem. Nice. Did you also fly SQ2 on your way back from your last trip? And do you have a new TR of SQ1 from your recent trip? If so, please feel free to post.

Comment

Continuing where we left off, after arriving in San Francisco, I stayed at the Aloft San Francisco Airport Hotel, which is my preferred hotel if I really need to stay close to SFO, rather than in the city. This hotel is located a short distance from the SFO terminals. A courtesy shuttle bus runs at regular intervals between the airport and the hotel. A TR on that hotel from last year can be found here. The Aloft SF Airport Hotel is a USD30 and 30-minute Uber ride from Union Square.

Aloft SFO is my preferred airport hotel as well. I'm sure you are well aware that In-N-Out is a 10 minute walk away and New England Lobster Eatery is 8 minutes away

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              No problem. Nice. Did you also fly SQ2 on your way back from your last trip? And do you have a new TR of SQ1 from your recent trip? If so, please feel free to post.
              Yes, the SQ1 segment from my last trip has been posted. It is here.

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
              Aloft SFO is my preferred airport hotel as well. I'm sure you are well aware that In-N-Out is a 10 minute walk away and New England Lobster Eatery is 8 minutes away
              Yes, when I stay at the Aloft SFO, I tend to eat In-N-Out very often!

I didn't know about New England Lobster Eatery...thanks for the info! Will check that out next time I am in the area...

Comment

Yes, when I stay at the Aloft SFO, I tend to eat In-N-Out very often!

I didn't know about New England Lobster Eatery...thanks for the info! Will check that out next time I am in the area...
                Forgot to mention NE Lobster. It's quite good for the price (compared to others in the Bay Area ).

The HR has undergone a massive renovation (still might be going on). It's quite nice. They are building a GH connected to Terminal 1. Should open like in 2025. Like every construction project in Northern California, they take FOREVER.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X