Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appeal won: Can change from First Class saver to First Class standard free!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal won: Can change from First Class saver to First Class standard free!!

I guess I made history after I made an appeal to KrisFlyer to change my First Class saver flight to First Class standard free due to the change of aircraft from 3 Class B777-200 to refitted 2 class. I wanted to change my date of travel and requested to be located on SQ2, a B777-300ER, First Class standard.

After a fierce debate on the phone and the appeal letter below, KrisFlyer finally gave in and told me the good news!

So guys, if you are booked on the First Class saver flight to Hong Kong or Beijing and would like to change your travel date and the travel date only has B777-300ER First Class standard, now you can, provide your ticket is still valid (within 6 months of 1st travel date).

You may call in to KrisFlyer and make your request and give reasons stated below.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    KrisFlyer Membership Services

Dear Sir/Madam,

Appeal for change of date of travel

I am currently booked on SQ8XX, SIN-HKG, on 28th June 2010 on First Class Saver. Unfortunately, I’m unable to travel on that date and would like to change my date of travel to XXth Sept 2010.

When I attempted to change the date of travel online, I realize that after 28th June 2010, SQ8XX does not operate on a 3 class aircraft with First Class anymore and is changed to the refitted 2 class aircraft. 28th June 2010 is the last day that the flight operates with 3 class aircraft and the remaining flights that have First Class are SQ860 and SQ2 which operates with the B777-300ER and has First Class Standard only.

In other words, I cannot change my date of travel even though my ticket is valid till 28th December 2010. I should not be forced to downgrade to Business Class because there are First Class seats available on other flights. I would like to appeal to change to SQ2 on XXth Sept 2010 in First Class, based on the reasons below:

In the KrisFlyer Terms & Conditions, http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...65125&#Header5, under E. AWARD REDEMPTION, clause 14 states: In the event of a flight disruption, passengers travelling on award tickets will be re-routed as per the rules applicable for fare-paying passengers. It does not clearly indicate if the flight disruption is on the date the ticket is booked (28th June 2010) or on the new intended date of travel (XXth September 2010). Fare-paying passengers on First Class are allowed to change their date of travel on the same class provided there are other First Class flights and seats available on their next preferred date of travel. Hence I should be allowed to change to SQ2 on XXth Sept 2010, regardless of whether the First Class seats are Saver or Standard awards.

In addition, under the GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE FOR PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE, http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...l/carriage.jsp, ARTICLE 10. SCHEDULES, CANCELLATION OF FLIGHTS, Para. 2. Cancellation, Changes of Schedule, etc.
    (a) If Carrier cancels, terminates, diverts, postpones or delays a flight, substitutes a different type of aircraft or different class of service, is unable to provide previously confirmed space, fails to stop at a passenger’s stopover or destination point, or causes the passenger to miss a connecting flight on which he holds a reservation, Carrier shall, with due consideration to the passenger’s reasonable interests, either:
    1. carry the passenger on another of its scheduled passenger services on which space is available; or
    2. re-route the passenger to the destination indicated on the ticket or applicable portion thereof by its own scheduled services or the scheduled services of another carrier, or by means of surface transportation. If the sum of the fare, excess baggage charge and any applicable service charge for the revised routing is higher than the refund value of the ticket or applicable portion thereof, Carrier shall require no additional fare or charge from the passenger, and shall refund the difference if the fare and charges for the revised routing are lower;

It is stated that the carrier should carry the passenger on another of its scheduled passenger services on which space is available.

In conclusion, I would like to appeal to change to SQ2, SIN-HKG, on XXth Sept 2010 in First Class, without incurring any additional mileage or payment based on my reasons stated above. Thank you.

First time I heard such a thing.. How long did the negotiation take?
    Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Appeal to KrisFlyer

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
      First time I heard such a thing.. How long did the negotiation take?
      About 3 working days. You should take shorter period as I have already pathed the way for you if you intend to appeal. Just state the reasons I used. It is really their oversight about the terms & conditions as it is not very clear and created a loophole especially the part about flight disruption. They did not state if it should be on the intended date of travel or new date of travel.

Basically, your redemption ticket is valid for 6 months and you can change the date of travel free and should travel on the same class if there are other flights available, just like a fare-paying passenger. If you are on First Class redemption ticket, you should be put on First Class if there are other flights available, does not matter if standard or saver awards are available.

So, if you already issued a First Class saver ticket on SQ866, SQ870, SQ810 & SQ800, here is your chance to get a upgrade on the B777-300ER free!! Just tell them you want to change the date of travel and there are no First Class saver flights due to the change of aircraft to refitted 2 class one. They should know what to do as there are many other people who faced the same problem and complained to KrisFlyer about it. Good luck!!
      Last edited by ; 8 March 2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X