SQ Softening Up on PPS Qualification: Courtesy Requalification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    This might be something SQ will do 'as a special one-time favour' for QPPs.
    You must be mad if you think they'd consider anything like that....

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    The exact mechanism should be announced pretty soon.
    More 'Changes to PPS' ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      You must be mad if you think they'd consider anything like that....
      Mad as an Englishman walking hatless and umbrella-less 'neath a noonday SE Asian sun.
      News from a little bird earlier this week was that there will be a new scheme to allow PPS members who have fulfilled the requalification PPSV requirements to make excess PPSV count towards the subsequent requalification periods.
      Wow, now that would be something.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 2 April 2009, 09:32 PM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

News from a little bird earlier this week was that there will be a new scheme to allow PPS members who have fulfilled the requalification PPSV requirements to make excess PPSV count towards the subsequent requalification periods. The exact mechanism should be announced pretty soon.

This ought to stop all those traitors flying the competitors after receiving their renewal cards!
        Nice but a shame it isn't done retrospectively. Roughly 500 PPS sectors in 3 years would have tided me over for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Can you check your account online, darzee? Does it show extension to 2010?

This might be something SQ will do 'as a special one-time favour' for QPPs.
          Unfortunately no, web still shown as 31/3/2009…..

Comment

Originally posted by darzee View Post
            Unfortunately no, web still shown as 31/3/2009…..
            Ouch.

Comment

If there are changes to PPS, I really would prefer enhancements of the benefits.
              Bring back access to SKL F for QPPs!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                Bring back access to SKL F for QPPs!
                I am with you on wanting better benefits as QPP/TPP (any benefit would be a nice start !! ) but I am always intrigued when I see this requested.

What do you think there is on the F side that you don't get in the J side ?.

Comment

I am with you on wanting better benefits as QPP/TPP (any benefit would be a nice start !! ) but I am always intrigued when I see this requested.

Better food and champagne? I miss the morning laksa in T2 SKL F.

I guess its more of a feel good factor as there seems to be zero benefits when flying J and having QPP. And it doesnt cost SQ much for these small stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                    Better food and champagne?
                    Nope, it's the same!. Certainly in T2. I have a wander into the J sides to see if I can grab a UK newspaper as there are never any in the F side so I see what food is available.

There is a slightly better food option in T3, I suppose, as they have a chef in there who will knock something up for you. But drinks are the same and thats a poor lounge in general (especially for a 'First' lounge) so nothing to get excited about. When they used to have Dom in the F side, it was worth worrying about, but that got scrapped with the PPS changes.

What they should be doing, is binning that ridiculous and quite frankly bizarre access restriction to TPR and just making that SKL F/TPR at T3 one big - and finally decent - First Class Lounge. Then allow access to QPP's.

I agree there are now zero benefits to being PPS if you fly in J or F.

Comment

Well, did you tell CCS that over cake?

Comment

I would add that it's just as crowded!
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Well, did you tell CCS that over cake?
                          I could tell you, but I'd have to....

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          I would add that it's just as crowded!
                          Really ?. I've found them very quiet recently. They have had a section of the SKL J at T2 closed off during the day for a while and I notice they are doing the same in T3 SKL F as well now.

Comment

Really ?. I've found them very quiet recently. They have had a section of the SKL J at T2 closed off during the day for a while and I notice they are doing the same in T3 SKL F as well now.
                            Man, last time I was there, I couldn't find a seat in EITHER section! I couldn't believe it.

But I'm sure TPR was very open.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

I'd personally think that TPR access for TPPs and First Class section access for QPPs would be the best way to go.

That way, TPPs get the extra oomph they deserve with their superior status and QPPs do not get chucked along with the rest of the general Business crowd.

As for the differences between both sections, my observations reveal subtle, minute but shocking differences. F pax get Evian, Kleenex Tissues, Ferragamo EDT and toothbrushes in plastic cases.

Business gets some unbranded flowery tissues and SQ branded mineral water and L'Occitane EDT.

Though they are not distinct enough for the regular pax to nitpick; it certainly shows how far SQ is willing to go to distinguish between a F and C pax. I'd certainly not be impressed paying a large premium over Y for C.

Comment

What they should be doing, is binning that ridiculous and quite frankly bizarre access restriction to TPR and just making that SKL F/TPR at T3 one big - and finally decent - First Class Lounge. Then allow access to QPP's.
                                I'm slightly intrigued myself as to why you object to the TPR access restriction (for TPPs), but don't see why QPPs would like to regain the F side access taken away during the PPS Massacre??

Comment

Working...
                                X