Disconnect between FFP and airline flown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnect between FFP and airline flown

The end of the year is near and I have noticed that though my first program has been DL so far, this year, I have not flown DL that much. In fact, this year, the airline I have flown the most is SQ.
    When put in term of segments, things are not that apparent:

Segments on SQ: 31
    Segments on DL: 27
    Segments on KE: 7
    Segments on UA: 6

But in terms of miles, things are quite different:
    Miles on SQ: 68841
    Miles on KE: 25217
    Miles on DL: 20997

Yet, I have accumulated from flights 120,000 miles on DL, 104,000 on LH and 158,000 on BD.

Quite a disconnect from what I fly and the miles I get on each airline.
    Anybody else has a similar situation?

Mr. F, how is the YCF distribution? You must have flown mostly in F, right? (Well according to the information I gather. ) Well, it is interesting to know about your SQ pattern of travel!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      Mr. F, how is the YCF distribution? You must have flown mostly in F, right? (Well according to the information I gather. )
      Hmmm tallied up, 127,646 in F; 51,644 in J and 11,143 in Y. But that includes the pale US domestic F segments.
      You?

Comment

How about your SQ flights only? We, at SQTalk, would love to know that, since we love our Golden Bird.

Comment

SQ only: 27 segments for 60,619 in F; 2 segments for 4,215 in J and 4 segments for 4,007 miles in Y.

Comment

My primary program is Miles and More - LH doesn't even fly to Australia.
            Secondary program - AAdvantage - and neither does AA fly to Australia...
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Very impressive, DFP. Almost 90% on SQ F. I definitely had flown less than what you did.

Comment

I tallied up about 92k BIS miles - and put it all to M&M and KF. Most of it earlier in the year. The rest of the year was spent burning it

Comment

I think I should have about 110k BIS miles (about 70-75 segments) once I finish this calendar year - compared to about 30k BIS miles last year - down to joining TOF in February to ask should I do a MR to get KF *S.

DFP's stats are very impressive! I'm sure CGK's must be in the same ballpark.

I'd imagine there are a lot of people who bank with BD but never go near a BD flight.

It'll be an interesting exercise to add up the mileage on each airline/alliance and see what the split is - for me - between *A and OW.

Comment

My 2006 Trip Recap

This year is certainly a different year for me personally as well as flying-wise. Trying different airlines, and yes, the infamous CGK Flying Economy as well as trying the new Business Class and First Class seats on SQ 77W. And not to forget that I tried the new Business Class seat on NZ and loved it. This is was the first time ever I visited India, southern part of India precisely. First time on JetAirways and AirSrilankan. And to honor Traitors Air follower here in SQT, I did take one flight on CX F BKK-SIN.

The summary of my travels is gathered from the flight logs that I did on ba97. Well more or less accurate ( of course there were secret flights taken and not logged).

This year I have taken 157 flight segments:
                    - 7 segments in Y
                    - 52 segments in C
                    - 98 segments in F

The total actual miles I have flown is 394,863 miles:
                    - 3,422 miles in Y
                    - 109,664 miles in C
                    - 281,777 miles in F

As you can guess, most of my flights would be on SQ. But I know I have reduced it a bit like instead of taking SQ12 NRT-LAX I was taking NH for the sake of the best kyo-kaiseki and that wagyu beef salad (but overall flight experience is still not SQ). And of course followed by LH and UA as they are my main FF programs. I am pretty satisfied that I have requalified for my UA-1K for another year, as well as LH SEN. No HON status for me because my LH only status miles are very low.
                    - SQ 78 flights
                    - UA 26
                    - LH 18

And from 78 flights on SQ only, I was in F 62 of them, C 15, and Y 1 (the only one that created a chaos at SKL desk ) Well, I have logged 226,945 miles on SQ with this breakdown:
                    - Y 1,708
                    - C 41,707
                    - F 183,530

As you can see, 80% of my SQ flights were in F. This percentage is lower compare to DeltaFlyingProf which is hoovering around 88%. Thus, it's a valid reason for me to call him Mr. F.

Happy Holidays
                    Merry Christmas
                    and a very Happy New year
                    to you all
                    Last edited by CGK; 19 December 2006, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      I
                      I'd imagine there are a lot of people who bank with BD but never go near a BD flight.
                      I did take a BD flight and used my gold upgrade to go C and save CGK from another Y experience!
                      Strangely enough, I did bank the miles of that flight with LH. Maybe things will be different next year A bit OT, but I found BD food better than my recent AF C food.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                        I did take a BD flight and used my gold upgrade to go C and save CGK from another Y experience!
                        Thanks for the upgrade. But I help you not wasting the cert because you would not use them otherwise.
                        And thanks to you, since you will have your own agenda for the end of the year trip, now I may log more flight miles passing 400K mark.

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                        A bit OT, but I found BD food better than my recent AF C food.
                        I don't recall about AF C food. Something French?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          I don't recall about AF C food. Something French?
                          my point exactly!

Comment

My 2006 Stats

Okay this is all a guess, since I have to do this all by memory. Stupid UA's new website keeps giving me errors when I try to find my account details for the year.

Total Segments
                            Y: 17
                            C: 13
                            F: 7

Total BIS Miles (according to Great Circle)
                            Y: 39,290 miles
                            C: 45,092 miles
                            F: 16,106 miles
                            TOTAL: 100,488 miles

Airlines Breakdown
                            SQ: 21 segments (48,425 miles)
                            UA: 14 segments (42,373 miles)
                            TG: 2 segments (9,690 miles)

Total Redeemable Miles Earned: 187,222 miles
                            Total Elite-Status Qualifying Miles: 60,229 miles (not bad considering I did all this between January and March)
                            Total Miles on Award Tickets: 38,535 miles

And I haven't been in a plane since August 28th.

Comment

My 2006 flights looks like this:

Total Segments
                              Y: 41
                              C: 23
                              F: 5
                              TOTAL: 69

Total BIS Miles (based on GCM)
                              TOTAL: 132,724 miles

Airlines Flown (segments)
                              Air Dolomiti (2)
                              British Airways (20)
                              British Midland (19)
                              Emirates (2)
                              Lufthansa (2)
                              Malaysian Airlines (4)
                              Scandinavian (2)
                              Silk Air (1)
                              Singapore Airlines (16)
                              Wideroe (1)

Looking at the above, I did it the hard way with most flights in Y unlike our VVIP (CGK).

I am rather surprised that I gave so much business to BA and BMI. Therefore for 2007, I definitely need more flights in F (hoping) especially SQ F.
                              Last edited by SQFAN; 24 December 2006, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X