BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

As soon as he heard the news about the inaugural SIN-LHR-SIN flights, SQ LPP has been clicking away furiously to get on the inaugural SQ319 LHR-SIN on March 18th.

On behalf of all SQTalkers, I am happy to congratulate SQ LPP for being part, once again, of SQ history!

Congratulations!
    Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 31 January 2008, 09:03 AM.

congrats SQ LPP!

Comment

Congrats, SQ LPP!

Did you lose a bet again? So you had to take Y?

Comment

Congrats, man!
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
          Did you lose a bet again? So you had to take Y?
          Yup. I am unlucky... I should not bet ...
          Actually, I have been reading here in SQTalk, someone asks for a detailed Y trip report. I thought to myself, whY not?
          I decided to do LHR-SIN because:
          • limited time off from work
          • had made prior commitment for that Easter weekend
          • an inaugural ex-SIN had been covered by many, and I had done from SIN as well, thus an inaugural from LHR would be more interesting in anticipation of different ceremonial celebration
          • hoping to fly with certain SQTalker who happens to be in this particular flight (and I have been actively enticing other SQTalkers to join this inaugural flight)
          • it is a party flight, therefore being in R class would not be kosher, in addition to the fact that the sole purpose is just to be on the inaugural flight

Comment

Enticing indeed,....there are still seats left (or at least there were when I checked last night),...showing as 744 through the regular booking engine but A380 through redemption bookings. Think my wings are clipped at present due to financial situation - would be an amazing party flight though

Comment

Congrats SQ LPP!

You'll certainly enjoy the flight (trust me, I know - if it'll be anything like SQ380)... and it'll definitely be a party to remember

I can just see one of those Gordon Ramsey moments coming along when the big bird flies over Heathrow... "f... me!" (I wonder if he'll be on the flight or not...)

Comment

This morning (or midnight in Singapore), basically all classes were available. But just now looking around again, SQ308 has R0 C0 Y9 And SQ319 R0 C9 Y9 ...

Comment

Originally posted by kras View Post
                  You'll certainly enjoy the flight (trust me, I know - if it'll be anything like SQ380)... and it'll definitely be a party to remember
                  Yes, I remembered all those parties. Since SQTalk is just about more than a year old, I should recap what I had done in the past.
                  • A345 SIN-LAX-SIN. I had the honor to cut the cake at LAX.
                  • A345 SIN-EWR-SIN
                  • 77W SIN-CDG
                  I missed the charity inaugural flight as well as the first regular A380 flight SIN-SYD. But I had taken A380 about 10 days later.

Just had discussion with a friend. He said it's fine for me not doing the SIN-LHR inaugural because from Singapore, A380 is an old news even though the destination is London. But for the return journey LHR-SIN, it will be more historical value, because SQ319 will be the first A380 out from LHR. It would be interesting how SQ in the UK will handle the publicity or special area for this inaugural flight. I am sure the check-in area which they are using right now would not be a good place to have a large gathering...
                  Oh, of course, if anyone knows where to watch the SQ308 landed at LHR, it would be a historic moment as well...

Comment

Now updated to A380 on regular booking engine and still availability in Y...

Comment

Yes plenty of seats in Y. Still can get those flexi fares on line...

Comment

I hope you, and those you've asked to join you, enjoy the flight.

Comment

I'm booked on CX two days later. Maybe I should do the inaugural!

Better get my BD *G comped now.

Comment

Ooh very exciting - I look forward to the TR!
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                              I hope you enjoy the flight.
                              I am pretty sure I will...
                              I will have a great seat mate (good friend of course ) after all... Says hi to the pax in 77H and 77K please...

Comment

Working...
                              X