Open complaint letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
    I have the email and name of the VP of Customer Services. I wonder if she'll listen too.
    Then this should definitely be addressed "Dear Ms VP of Customer Services"! An actual name can make all the difference.

Comment

The more the merrier? Perhaps we can get as many as possible?

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
        Then this should definitely be addressed "Dear Ms VP of Customer Services"! An actual name can make all the difference.
        Her name is Ms Ruth Kelly.

Comment

I'm in on this. But are there only so many SQ QPPs and TPPs here? Come on guys!

Though, shortfinals, sorry to nitpick, but er, there's some grammatical error when you referred to Malaysia(n) and Indonesia(n) based PPS members, there shouldn't be an "n". Someone confirm?

No offence ya. Thanks for starting the ball rolling though
          Last edited by kaysquare; 28 November 2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
            I'm in on this. But are there only so many SQ QPPs and TPPs here? Come on guys!

Though, shortfinals, sorry to nitpick, but er, there's some grammatical error when you referred to Malaysia(n) and Indonesia(n) based PPS members, there shouldn't be an "n". Someone confirm?

No offence ya. Thanks for starting the ball rolling though
            None taken. This should not be a letter from me, but from all of us We should all help edit and chip in

Comment

I'm in.

My suggestions :

First, in the beginning, perhaps a summary about our feelings (which then gets echoed in the body), something like: "We are writing to you to express our anger and disappointment at the planned changes to the KrisFlyer program."

Second, in the first paragraph, change "marginalize certain people" to "affect many of us deeply", and "is unfair" to "are unfair".

I suggest changing "unreasonable and unmitigated disaster" in Section 3 to: "unreasonable reduction of redemption opportunities."

Finally, for the ending, perhaps we can suggest the implications for SQ: "We have been loyal flyers for a long time, but these changes make us feel that such loyalty is not something that Singapore Airlines values. At best, this means we now have to consider earning miles with another frequent flyer program, instead of KrisFlyer. At worst, it will make us consider flying with your competitors when we travel long-haul. That makes us sad, because we have, over the years, grown to favor your product and services. But it seems to us that in the airline business, loyal flyers should not be made to feel so disposable."

Thanks for coordinating our response, shortfinals.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 28 November 2006, 02:19 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling -- oops
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Write the letter to Angeline Khoo, Manager Loyalty Marketing. I got the name from the latest PPS newsletter. It is her department afterall.

Comment

Will edit as per all the above points - but can't do it till later. If some with the ability to edit posts can help earlier - would be much appreciated

Comment

If you feel like adding more addressees, why not cc Chew Choon Seng as well?

Comment

Petitions are ignored. Letters from individuals are taken seriously. If you want to have any hope of having an impact, then everyone needs to write their own letter -- possibly drawing from ideas developed in this thread.

Comment

I would also suggest constructing an argument of how these changes will turn people away from SQ (point out that SQ is not the cheapest airline around and other airlines either have comparable (YMMV) products or have the ability to close the gaps by developing comparable products etc etc). This will make them understand that you are able to see things from their point of view albeit in disagreement, and more importantly - that you are attempting to be constructive.

Just my 2 bobs' worth.
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 November 2006, 03:17 PM.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks a lot for starting this shortfinals and count me in.

Basically I agree with comments made by jjpb3. The only other change I would make is to remove the phase "grossly unfair" as I don't think that it sounds very professional. Could be replaced by something like "Seriously deminishes the benefit of being a frequent flyer with your airline".

Comment

I don't know whether I should join the petition, as I only have a dormant KF account. And even though most of my flights are SQ - 15 flights over the course of a year (mostly in Y) is nothing to SQ I'm sure, when compared to QPPs/TPPs/LPPs.

But y'all have my wholehearted support and endorsement, whatever that's worth.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Count me in, whatever we decide to do. I don't think it would hurt to fire individual emails off immediately and then follow up with a joint letter.

I disagree that they won't listen to a protest, I'm not saying it will make them do anything about it, but it will register. Having read an excellent book recently about how they operate internally, they have a tried and tested internal system of gathering as much feedback as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Count me in, whatever we decide to do. I don't think it would hurt to fire individual emails off immediately and then follow up with a joint letter.

I disagree that they won't listen to a protest, I'm not saying it will make them do anything about it, but it will register. Having read an excellent book recently about how they operate internally, they have a tried and tested internal system of gathering as much feedback as they can.
                                Fax just fired off to the VP of Loyalty Marketing (its tone was rather more angry than the tone of our joint letter, and its perspective was that of a UK-based flyer).

Of course, I'm still interested in signing the joint letter.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X