KrisFlyer post-Feb 2007 redemption levels revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    To be fair, what will SQ do for the people who redeem miles as part of StarAlliance award? DL miles? UA miles? LH miles? BD miles? Are they going to have the low mileage requirement? Or SQ will block any I and O availability on 77W routing?
    No world from Aeroplan Yet, but dear oh dear I hope they don't increase the number of mileage it takes to score a J or F award tix with SQ. Not long ago, I scored a HKG-SIN-LHR rt for 140K Aeroplan mileage. It was a PITA to jostle back and forth with the AE representative through phone conversations just to keep on re-checking until they finally found an award slot for First. I can just imagine how much worse things will be next year.

But with the way they are going to treat KF members, just can't stop dreading how much worse other *A FFP will fare when it comes to SQ awards. We already have never been able to use our Aeroplan miles to upgrade on SQ sectors and please don't tell me that SQ is going to terminate the award redemption period. If they are, no point in me trying to relegate any *A miles to AE in the future.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      If the unrestricted levels are going to be required for redemptions in the new business and first classes, the levels (i.e., 90,000 miles for a one way upgrade between LHR and SIN) make KrisFlyer particularly unattractive to mid-level flyers like me.
      Nooooooooooooooo!!!! I thought 50K was steep enough already for OW! Can't imagine 90K.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        I mainly fly to HKG so changing to CX is a real choice. Yes I prefer SQ but CX aren't that much behind them and if I get a better rate of return on the miles I earn then I think it could well make sense to switch.
        Traitor Air is no doubt an excellent 2nd choice, but I have had issues with Traitor Air's London flights in F - bad food, plastic cultery, dirty seats, dirty cabins, dirty lavatories. Issues that are nonexistence when I fly SQ in/out of LHR which explains why all of my AKL-LHR trips and most of my HKG-LHR trips have been on the Golden Bird.

Although I'm going to give traitor air one more chance next month for LHR-HKG mainly because I still had Asia Miles to cash the upgrade as oppose to buying F.

Again Traitor Air is a good alternative but beware of their LHR flights.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          I thought that you can top-up the miles up to 30% of the miles required. And if it is booked before 1 Feb, wouldn't it be the old mileage required? (Sorry out of the loop regarding this new enhancement... another broken heart episode... )
          Alright.. things have changed over the past week and I might be moving away from Adelaide next year, most probably to Sydney or Singapore. Depend on who wants to keep me If no choice, moving back to my hometown.. Hmm. Probably I'm going to redeem for a free flight to Indonesia for a trip (only need 15k) before they expire..
          Last edited by Airlineslover; 5 December 2006, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
            That's it. I'm so done with SQ.

In a way, I'm glad. I want to start flying MH again. I miss those kebayas.
            Since you're flying MH again, you won't miss the kebaya but the only thing different is the colour...so here's a pic for you

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              Since you're flying MH again, you won't miss the kebaya but the only thing different is the colour...so here's a pic for you
              My, My, our SQFAN sure loves his Kebayas..........or is that kebaya-clad lovelies

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                My, My, our SQFAN sure loves his Kebayas..........or is that kebaya-clad lovelies
                Ahem, ahem.... I only have eyes for the SQ ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  Ahem, ahem.... I only have eyes for the SQ ones.
                  Of course, of course, how could I have made such a mistake

Comment

If this board is for non-value-adding posts about ogling at women in kebayas, SQ Talk is denigrated and diluted. Let's stick to topic, eh?
                    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 7 December 2006, 09:22 PM. Reason: Oops, meant to reply below !

Comment

Oh don't worry too much about it skytrash. We are a little bit off-cuff on here, it's part of the friendly nature of the place. They don't mean any harm.

Comment

Echoing Manflyer's sentiments - just a bit of fun for some of them. No one means any harm and it's a friendly place with still lots of good info

Comment

Dare I ask if anyone has yet had a response to complaints about these changes ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer
                            Dare I ask if anyone has yet had a response to complaints about these changes ?.
                            Did we even send it?

Comment

Individual complaints were sent, definitely. But so far, still no response for me.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X