Air Quality in the plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Quality in the plane

Got off from my UA flight SFO-NRT-BKK. I felt uncomfortable while breathing in the plane. Sneezing a lot. It did not happen while flying SQ, unless I have a cold. Anyone knows about this air quality in the plane?

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Got off from my UA flight SFO-NRT-BKK. I felt uncomfortable while breathing in the plane. Sneezing a lot. It did not happen while flying SQ, unless I have a cold. Anyone knows about this air quality in the plane?
    Are you saying that UA planes have worst air quality than SQ planes??

Comment

Well it is a way for saving money by not circulating the air as much so I would not be too surprosed if UA did have it turned down a bit.

I sneeze a lot on planes (even SQ) but I think it is due to being allergic to dust and the seats are not steam cleaned that often. It is worse where you get a lie flat bed. However have to say these flip over designs are better for me as the bed side does seem to be less dusty at least from my one experience on VS.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Not directly answering your question...FWIW....There was an article in the Times a few years back. You want better quality air? Better sit at the front then. Having said that, the article did mentioned that the air in aircraft is filtered to a higher standard.

No comparison between carriers but I suspect Lobster made a useful point there in his post above.

Comment

Speaking of air quality, anyone have any idea whether this device actually works? (My gut tells me it's a waste of $60.)

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
            Speaking of air quality, anyone have any idea whether this device actually works? (My gut tells me it's a waste of $60.)
            Actually i think they DO work.......The ones we have in the office are much larger floor mounted ones though. Not sure if they'll have the same effectiveness as this one worn on the body.

Comment

It's probably the old UA FAs. They're sorta musty. Was that too mean?

Lobster's pretty much got it. Also, remember that UA's seats are all covered in fabric, so dust (and other stuff) gets in far easier than leather and suede.

Disgusting Fact: If your bed accumulates 5-6 pounds of dead skin over a 10 year period, just imagine how much are on those UA seats.

Comment

The factoid goes straight into my "I really didn't need to know that" file.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  The factoid goes straight into my "I really didn't need to know that" file.
                  Not to worry. There are also lots of tiny bugs more than happy to munch on all that dead skin.

Comment

Working...
                  X